𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐨: 𝐓𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐌𝐞 𝐓𝐨 𝐒𝐞𝐞 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐒𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐬

"Deal," She smirked before picking up her spear. "Let's get the hell out of here,"

~~~

"It's too quiet," The Mandalorian spoke as they both crept through the forest.

"I was thinking the same thing," The child cooed as Kenna spoke. It reached up and played with her hair that dangled daringly in its face. They walked in silence until his ship came in view. "This...it's too easy...Grafton isn't dumb..." She said as they both quickened their pace, blasters at the ready. As they were a few feet away from the ship, clicks were heard from around them and the sounds of footsteps.

"Hold up, girl," Grafton's voice seethed from behind the trio. Cursing she turned around to see the whole tribe aiming their blasters at her and the Mandalorian. "Ya think ya could just leave?" He laughed, his large belly jiggling around.

"I'm not sticking around anymore, Grafton," She hissed, aiming her gun at him and suddenly all guns were pointed on her but the Mandalorian acted fast and pointed two blasters at the enemies and constantly switching from which ones where his targets.

"I gave you shelter, food and water and this is what I get? Pathetic," Kenna heard the squeak of the trigger as he pressed harder.

"Well, my father had a friend once. He's a survivor. Because he shot first," She fired at his chest and he stumbled backwards, dead. Suddenly a rain of fire was on her and the Mandalorian as they both ran to the ship, firing aimlessly into the forest. The ramp came down and Kenna ran inside and that's when she realised how wounded the Mandalorian was injured. He was limping away from the warzone instead of running and his arm seemed like a weight for him to lift. She gently placed down the child and quickly ran back to help him. She got under his arm and assisted him to the ship as quickly as possible. Once inside, she felt a laser pierce her skin but this was not the time to let that show. The hatch couldn't close any quicker and soon enough they were zooming through space. "He can be fast if he wants to be," She mumbled to herself as she took off her bag and spear before climbing the ladder. There he was, flicking switches and pressing buttons and carefully steering through space. "Nice ride, what's it called?"

"Razor Crest," He hummed in pain as he steadied the ship in hyperspace.

"Let me patch you up, please, it's the least I can do for you getting my ass off that planet," He didn't respond and she placed her hands on her hips. "I'm going to patch you up whether you like it or not, you won't be chasing down any bounties if you are injured like this,"

"I'm capable of healing myself,"

"Let me see, a broken left arm and possible breakage in your ribcage by the way you hold yourself and a damaged leg...possible side wound as well as there is blood staining your clothes," He sighed deeply. He knew he needs his wounds tended to and if he was to do it, he would most likely cause more damage and she seems to know what she is doing.

"Fine. But only this once," His modulated voice said as he slowly stood from the pilot's seat. She followed him down the ladder and forcefully made him sit down on the seat.

"Take off your armour please," She stated as she rummaged through her bag and pulled out her medical kit and snapping it open. She pulled out bacterial spray, bandages, needles and medical thread to sew any open wounds. When she looked up he had removed his armour all but his helmet. She first tended to his gash on his side and luckily it wasn't bad enough for him to remove his top. She sprayed it and carefully cleaned it, not missing the hisses he made when she dapped the wound. "Stop whining, baby," She snapped at him.

"It's not like I'm sticking my fingers inside of you," Kenna couldn't help but laugh at him and he sighed. "You're childish," He groaned as she continued to giggle.

"Not my fault you're making dirty jokes,"

"You know I didn't mean it like that,"

"Sure," She continued before placing a medical patch over his wound and then moved to his leg. "Well, it's not broken but bruised," She turned his leg slightly to look at the other side before she worked in silence.

"So, you're a medic and a fighter?"

"And engineer, you left engine will need fixing soon and your brakes are getting rusty, you need that fixed along with the wiring inside the board," She said simply once she tied up the bandage and fixing his arm. "Ah, so you aren't as broken as I thought you were,"

"And you can fix all those...things," He said after moments of silence. Kenna nodded as she focused on spraying his arm and wrapping it up. "You know, I could use someone like you with your abilities on my ship. You'll be paid handsomely," Kenna tied up the last bandage and stared at the Mandalorian.

"I thought you're dropping me off at the next planet,"

"I was until I've been thinking. I could use a good medic and engineer and we are both on the run,"

"You were hunting a bounty,"

"I don't know where the fob came from, I was running low on supplies and trying to find somewhere,"

"But Grafton didn't give you the warmest welcoming," She thought about his deal. "I'll stick around only if you agree on something with me," Kenna said after a few moments of silence.

"Proceed," He spoke.

"Don't pay me with money, but let me stay, let me run away with you. Take me to see the stars," He thought about her offer. No payment but just letting her join his crew? With her abilities, it was a good deal. She could fix his ship, help protect the child and heal him.

"We have a deal, Cora,"