𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐯𝐞: 𝐇𝐨𝐭𝐡

"I have a question for you," He states and she looks over at him and nods. "Why didn't you tell me you were Princess Kenna Skywalker?"

~~~

Kenna froze where she stood, unable to form any words as she was frozen in fear. Din stared her down, not moving and waiting for an answer. After a few moments, she managed to form a sentence.

"I suppose there's no point of hiding anymore," She said quietly and turned away from Din who only grabbed her arm and turned her so she would face him.

"Why didn't you tell me?"

"Last time I told someone, they captured me and attempted to sell me off," She stared at him through his visor, angry tears forming. He tilted his head slightly, looking at her with slight confusion.

"Who?"

"What?"

"Who did you tell?"

"I don't recollect his name, but I trusted him with my life," There was silence which was not comfortable, it was awkward.

"That's why you were so scared of returning to Tatooine," She bit her lip and nodded. "I thought the name 'Kenna' sounded familiar," She raised her brow. "On Nerravo, your title is flanked everywhere but no one acknowledges what you look like," He glances down at her and then at the small compartment the child sleeps in. "So it's your last name that puts us all in danger?"

"I can leave like I suggested the other--"

"No,"

"But you said that I bring more--"

"You stay,"

"Din, think about the child. I'm putting you all at danger--" He walks up to her, pinning her against the wall with his body.

"You. Will. Not. Leave," He growls, not moving away. "Ever since you've come into my life, I have this need to protect you. And I will. If you leave, I cannot do what I promised myself,"

"But why? Why do you feel like you have to protect me?" She whispers and he takes a step back.

"There's something about you and if...if you got hurt or if you...died...I don't know, I'd just feel guilty,"

"Is that all? You would just feel guilty if I died?" She stepped towards him but he turns away, his cape swaying with him as he stalks back to the cockpit. She glances down at her feet before taking a seat and sighing.

~~~

"DIN!" Kenna screamed as she was jolted forward, careful not to trip as she was carrying the child. He pressed various buttons and flashing switches as he tried to dodge the rain of fire upon the Razor Crest. "DIN!"

"SIT DOWN!" He shouted back and she did as she was told, sitting in the passenger seat and using her right arm to secure the child and her left hand to hold on to the chair.

"WHO IS THAT!?" She shouted over the noise but he didn't respond, probably too distracted by the current activity. He flipped around and swirled but the ship was right behind him, not giving him a chance to defend or attack back. Suddenly, the bottom half of the ship was hit, causing all the cargo boxes to fly out into space and the oxygen to run low. "Din!" She shouted but she couldn't hear herself amidst all the noise. The ship started to violently beep at him as his hands flew across the dashboard, trying to fix the problem but to no avail.

"Looks like we crash landing on...Hoth...Jakku was too surrounded by hunters again," He seethes and manages to slam on the brakes so the ship behind them flies over them.