𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐄𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧: 𝐅𝐥𝐨𝐫𝐫𝐮𝐦

"It's okay, cyare," Kenna smiles, staying wrapped in his strong, loving embrace.

~~~

"Kenna!" She bites her lip as she looks behind her, trying to stifle the laughter building inside of her. "KENNA!" She turns back and continues to pilot the Razor Crest as it jumps out of hyperspace. "KENNA!" Din finally pulls himself up the ladder and walks over to where she sits.

"Oh, you're finally awake, I thought you were going to sleep the entire day away," She laughs, shaking her head as the child sits in the passenger seat, drinking his soup.

"You're in my seat," He states bluntly.

"Really? Sorry, I didn't see your name on it," She replies dismissively. He then cranes his neck to see the child spilling its food everywhere.

"Who allowed him to eat in here!? No food in the cockpit!" He snatches the bowl from its tiny hands and growls at the mess.

"Give the kid a break, Din, I had to pilot this rust bucket and take care of him," She turns in the seat to face him and he reluctantly returns the food to the child.

"Fine. But get out of my seat,"

"Why?" She flicks different switches and presses many flashing buttons as a planet comes into view.

"Because it's my ship," He points to himself from behind her.

"Too bad, I've got quite cosy here," She says, steering the ship elegantly through space.

"You're going to scratch it!" He hisses, grabbing the wheel from the side of her. She growls and snatches it back, causing the ship to jolt left.

"DIN!"

"KENNA!" They shout to each other at the same time. "Give me control!" He takes the wheel from her grasp only for her to take it back and the ship flips around, causing Din to fall backwards into the wall.

"Serves you right," She seethes, regaining composure as the child's laughter erupts from the corner. Din quickly springs back up and casually lifts Kenna out of his seat as if she weighed nothing. "Put me down!" She whines.

"Fine," He drops her behind the seat and sits down, nonchalantly taking over his ship. Kenna sits up straight and sighs.

"You're a child," She blows a strand of hair from her face as she stands.

"Where are you even taking us?"

"I...my home planet," She mumbles, looking down at her hands. Din looks at her from over his shoulder.

"Florrum?" He says after moments of silence.

"Yeah, it used to be nice but now it's just a harsh, arid desert world in the Outer Rim Territories," Kenna sighs, picking the child up and sitting down behind Din. "It is off the beaten path of major galactic hyperspace routes," She looks down. "It'll be safe, I thought...away from Gideon and people who want to harm us,"

"Kenna, this makes it the perfect haven for hunted criminals or lawless thugs," He laments sadly. "We may be safe from Gideon but how many criminals on the run do you think are hiding here?"

"My mother lived here, Din. This was my kingdom, it's not my fault they turned it into a criminal haven. I just want to see some familiar sights," She fixes her gaze on her hands, wringing around each other anxiously.

"Fine, but you don't leave my side at any costs, okay?"

"Really?" She says, her eyes brightening.

"We can lay low for a few days here, get ourselves some new clothes and maybe I can help you with your training,"

"Training?"