𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐒𝐢𝐱: 𝐏𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐟𝐮𝐥 𝐏𝐚𝐬𝐭

"Kenna, um, this Gideon dude is adamant on getting you back," Karga says and Kenna walks to him to see what he is looking at.

"Is that...?"

"Wait a second..."

"Mother?"

~~~

The troopers that captured the child sit and wait, bored. The second imp starts shooting at some garbage, missing. The other one scoffs and shakes his head, getting out his blaster to shoot it as well, however, he misses too. He shakes his blaster close to his ear.

"Eh, something's wrong with this stupid things," He mumbles, holstering it.

"Should we offer that thing some water?" The second stormtrooper asks after moments of silence.

"You just wanna look at it," The other one retorts.

"So what? You got to see it!" He snaps back.

"Barely. I mean, I grabbed it up off the ground and I stuffed it in the sack," He says, gesturing what he did in the air.

"It's more than I got to see it," He mumbles, folding his arms.

"Look, I'm not taking it out of this bag until I deliver it to the Moff,"

"Fine," The second imp replies meekly.

"Okay. Stop asking," He gets off his bike and pulls out his COMM. "Let me check on this thing. This is crazy," He brings it to his mask and begins to talk through it. "Any update yet?"

"That's a negative. Still waiting on confirmation. He just killed and officer for interrupting him, and Kylo Ren has started to punch a TIE fighter so this might take a while," The imp sighs at hearing what the operator said.

"Thank you. Standing by still. Unbelievable," He shoves the COMMS back into his pocket and walks around, angry.

"Hey, how long has it been since that thing moved?" The imp asks, looking over at the sack.

"I don't know, like a minute or two. Don't worry," The first trooper reassures. The second imp slides of his bike.

"Uh, it's been way longer than a minute,"

"Oh my God,"

"Shouldn't we check and see if it's still alive? You hit it pretty hard," The second imp walks over to the sack.

"You just wanna see it,"

"Well, we should check and see if it's hurt. The last thing that you want is to give Gideon a bag and have him open it up and find whatever it is, dead..." The first trooper groans and runs a hand down his mask.

"Okay. Okay, look," He opens the bag to reveal the small child, cooing. The second trooper instantly looks inside. "Here you go. See? Take a peek. Everything's fine," He pokes the child's head.

"What is that?" He asks, curious.

"I don't know. It's a pet or something,"

"A pet? I thought you...OW!" The child bites his finger and he yelps, shaking his hand and then turns to punch the bag, hard, His friend laughs at him.

"Serves you right," A droid approaches the two troopers.

"Stop that," They instantly draw their blasters at the new voice.

"Identify yourself!" The first one says.

"I am IG-11. I am this child's nurse droid and require that you remand him to me immediately," The second trooper laughs.