𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐄𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭: 𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐭𝐞𝐜𝐭 𝐇𝐞𝐫

'At least she'll allow me to protect her,' He thinks as he holds his blaster in his other hand in case anyone was to come and harm his Kenna.

~~~

Din and Kenna sleep as night time come and Toro sighs.

"All right, suns are down," He looks back at Din and sees him holding Kenna while they sleep. He grits his teeth and stands up. "Time to ride, Mando, girlie," Din is settled against the bike, not moving along with Kenna. Toro approaches them and huffs. "Come on. Wake up," He stands in front of the duo and directs his next words to Din. "Look at you. Asleep on the job, old man," He proceeds to play gunslinger in front of the unmoving Mandalorian, pointing his gun at him and successfully making an ass of himself.

"You done?" Din asks, making Kenna wake up with a jolt.

"Yep," he puts his gun away, running his hand through his hair and chuckling nervously. "Yeah yeah yeah. I was just, uh... ya know... just uh... waking you up. Come on!"

"Get on your bike. Ride as fast as you can. Towards those rocks," Kenna yawns and gets up next to Din.

"That's your plan? She'll snipe us right off the bikes," Din tosses a device over at him which he fails to catch.

"It's a flash charge. We alternate shots. It'll blind any scope temporarily. Combine that with our speed and we got a chance,"

"A chance?" Kenna asks nervously he places a comforting hand on her shoulder and smiles warmly, even though she can't see his face.

"Yeah, a chance?" Toro asks.

"Hey, you wanted this. Get ready," He snaps.

"Well then, come on girlie,"

"No. She rides with me, I can't trust you to keep her safe," Too tired to argue, she hops on behind Mando who glares at Toro. "Hold on tight, stay low," He says to Kenna who nods, wrapping her arms around his hard armour. They start speeding across the valley. The sniper prepares, getting them into her sights until she is blinded by the first flash from Din. She takes her helmet off. She takes a shot, but it goes way wide. "Now!" Toro shoots the flash charge just as Fennec Shand shoot, causing her to miss again, however, next flash charge misfires and runs across the sand, giving Fennec Shand a chance at a good shot, and she shoots out the bike from under Din and Kenna. He uses a flash charge to blind her again so that Toro can finish getting across. Fennec Shand aims at Kenna but Din climbs above her so it hits his beskar armour. He gets knocked forward and Kenna's mask falls off her face. Fennec zooms in with her scope and gasps when seeing her face. She takes her aim seeing as Kenna is winded and can't move considering she has no armour to protect her from the fall.

"Not so fast, Fennec," Toro says from behind her. She pulls out a hidden knife from her rifle and tosses it at Toro, knocking the blaster out of his hand. They fight, she with her hands, he with a knife, while the Mandalorian is slow to get up down below. Fennec gives Toro a thorough thrashing - until the Mandalorian shows up.

"Nice distraction," He points his blaster at Fennec and he looks down to see Kenna slowly get up, unharmed. She lets go of Toro and holds up her arms.

"Ow. Yeah. Good work, partner," Toro huffs while Din tosses some cuffs to Fennec.

"Cuff yourself," He then turns to Toro. "Why don't you go and find your blaster?" He says, annoyed.

"A Mandalorian. It's been a long time since I've seen one of your kind. Ever been to Nevarro? I hear things didn't go so well there but... it looks like you got off easy," She mocks, motioning to his armour. Toro finds his weapon and places it in his holster.