Chapter 2

Wesley was still counting trees he was at 340 around that time. Wesley has always been smart at school.
Flashback:
"Ok class that will be all for today. Oh, Mr hunter please stay after I have to talk to you. "Ms. Hill was his English teacher. As he continued to sit at his desk. She gradually walked closer to him. Uh oh did he do something he thought? "You know Mr. Hunter" she started he couldn't understand why she called him Mr by his last name she has never done that to any of the other students she would call them by their name "your grades are exceptionally high!" Wesley's eyes widened. "Huh?" Was all that slipped out of his mouth. "Your grades you're doing very well." She smiled. Wesley looked at her and gave a small smile. "You know" she been down to Wesley's level and put her hand on his shoulder. "You could probably do something great like a doctor or an author or maybe even a scientist if you keep this up." She smiled. Wesley turned to her.

Wesley frowned he didn't want to be an Author or a scientist or a stupid doctor. Wesley wanted to be a superhero like Superman. The only problem was that his glasses weren't a disguise he actually needed them to see. Wesley crossed his arms and poured a little. Mary caught a glimpse of this. "It's ok Wesley baby we're almost there. Right Joe?" No answer. "Joe?!" "Yes!" He said swerving a little bit causing a scare for all three of them in the car. "Are you crazy women, what the hell is wrong with you!" "I called you you didn't answer." Mary scolded. "Can't you see I'm focusing on the road dammit!" He yelled. Mary scoffed and turned to face the window. "But anyways we are almost there son so don't you worry a thing," Joe said looking at his son through the mirror and smiling. Wesley went back to counting trees. Wesley was starting to feel tired he was already at 400 he was going to save that number in his brain and continue when they finally enter Mississippi. Wesley's eyes were starting to get heavy so that was his cue to finally rest his head. Wesley felt a hand shake his knee he fluttered his eyes open and saw his mother's red lips form a smile. "Hey baby we're here," she said "we are!?" he got up immediately and looked around but they were still driving. Wesley frowned. "In Mississippi silly." His mom said. Wesley looked over to see that his sister Casey was finally awake she was looking out the window. He turned the other way and faced the window. He continued counting the trees. "When we get there Casey chooses her room first," Mary said. Casey turned and evilly smiled she took her hand and turned Wesley's head to look at her. "Hear that I choose first!" Wesley frowned and rolled his eyes. He didn't care what room he got. He cared about a space to put his Superman comics.  If he doesn't have space he would be mad but his father said the house is bigger than the old one so there has to be space.

Casey smiled proudly and sat back in her chair her blonde locs had one nice curl and her blue eyes twinkled. She was a promiscuous 16-year-old girl who was just discovering herself. She was often moody and would often take her anger out on Wesley. Her family often got on her nerves but outside anyone can see it was just her. Wesley found her just as annoying as she found him probably even more. He avoided interacting with her.

The sun seemed it was getting more and closer but it wasn't Wesley continued to count the trees again. As they were driving the roads in Mississippi was rockier and not smooth at all they were going to meet a bump though Joe didn't see it as Wesley was looking at the trees there he saw a little black girl hanging from the tree the rope bloody around her neck scars on her body her eyes closed and in distress.

Wesley gasped loudly and moves back aggressively into his sister Casey. "What the hell is wrong with you!" She screamed and pushed him back off. She looked at him in disgust. But Wesley held his hand to his heart. His mother turned to face Jim "Wesley what's wrong?!" His mother's eyes widened. All Wesley did was the point. But as they past it he looked back and there was nothing there. "It's my fault forgot to warn y'all this road is a little bit bumpy" Joe chuckled. Wesley sat back maybe he imagined it? He was shocked just a little.

"We're close my boy we're close." Joe liked at him through the mirror and showed off the dimples that were passed down to Wesley and his sister.
Wesley gave a half smile