Chapter 24

"Mmmm smells good in here." Joe came into the kitchen. Betsy's body completely stiffened. "Yes, Mr hunter we are going to have the whole dinner ready just perfect for your guest," Ruby said smiling. "Mhm just how I like it." He held his cigar in his mouth.  Betsy faced the sink so she wouldn't catch the attention of joe but joe could spot Betsy from miles away. He definitely had a thing for Betsy as racist as he and ignorant he still wanted to mingle with black women. It didn't make any sense. But who was Betsy to question anything he did to her?

She should have told someone but honestly, if she would tell nothing would be done. He was a rich white man in America and she was just a black maid. She and her family needed this job to eat and survive and Mr.Hunter knew this That's exactly why she despised him. The more and more times they would had sex her body would enjoy it more and more. It was like she couldn't control it. She hated it most importantly she hated herself for it. After they would do it she would sneak herself into the bathroom and cry. She knew one day she was going to get her revenge on Mr. Hunter one day she might even poison him.

Of course, rubber would come knocking in asking her what was wrong. She would just tell him that Ms. hunter was just being mean again. Rubber would always respond "oh bee you to sensitive you gotta have tough skin you know can't let the white folks tear you down now." He said smiling at her. Betsy would look up and give her brother a reassuring smile. "Yea you right rubber."

Joe stood behind her rubbing her up making sure no one saw. "How is your day?" He asked whispering in her ear. "Fine," Betsy said bluntly. "That's good." He smiled. Everyone has now left the kitchen and it was just joe and Betsy. He caressed her breast and touched her smiling maliciously. Betsy just put her head straight down staring at the window.

"You know your beautiful right?" He asked. He retreated his hand to go and unzip his pants. Just then Mary knocked on the side of the doorway. "Joe!" She said loudly joe quickly zipped up his pants and pushed away from Betsy. "Dammit, women can you knock." He said annoyed. "I did."art said crossing her arms. Betsy's eyes were still lowered.  "We're all waiting for you at breakfast." She said and turned around and walked away. Joe sighed he held Betsy by her shoulder gently and kissed her cheek.  "I'll see you later." Once joe left Betsy let out a breath she didn't know she had in.

She wiped her eyes and smiled. Just then her grandmother walked in shaking her head. "You need to have better respect for yourself. Your mother did not raise you to be no white man's whore." she spat. Betsy frowned upon her grandmother. "You don't know what you are talking about your just some crazy old woman. I will be careful if I were you. You so lucky we don't throw you out I mean all you do is sit your old black ass around and watch us work I mean even pa does some work." Betsy rolled her eyes at the old woman.

She snatched the bowl of fruits and began walking outside of the kitchen. Her grandma said nothing was being taken back. Ruby made a plate for Wesley and passed it to rubber. Rubber has never even talked to the boy so he was confused as to why Ruby sent him. Ruby made a face for rubber to go. And he took it and made his way upstairs. Rubber knocked on Wesley's door so he could open it. "Mr. Hunter I got ya breakfast." There was no answer.

Rubber sighed.  Just then the door slowly opened. Rubber furrowed his eyebrows in confusion. A cool breeze came out. "Mr hunter?" Rubber called for him. But there was no answer. As rubber walked in he notice the window was opened. "So cold in here white folks don't feel nothin'." Rubber shook his head. He put the plate on the desk near the window and closed the window.  While he was doing that a bat with dry blood rolled from under the bed.

Rubber made his way back near Wesley's bed with the plate but while going back his eyes caught the bloody bat. "Shit!" Rubber yelped. And dropped the plate of food shattering it. He left the room instantly.

Downstairs he ran to the kitchen. "Mama  don't even ask me to go into that white boys' room again!" He said. Everyone stared at him.