50 pt1

Weeks has past it was almost time for Wesley to enroll back into school. He didn't really want to go to school and meet new people. He was nothing like the kids...nothing.  It was also Wesley 11th birthday today. He didn't want any cake or a party. It would be far to depressing for him to not have the ones he loved with him. His mother was still slowly going back to recovery she would do the little things like sometimes brush her hair or even shower. She was eating again which made him happy. The whole house seemed abandoned but it wasn't.

Mary knew today was Wesleys birthday. She sat in front of the mirror. As Betsy stood behind her brushing her hair and doing a little makeup on her. "I'm gonna surprise him today you know when he comes back from the hospital after seeing his friend they're be a party with balloons and stuff and cake." Mary smiled to herself. "Yes ms hunter I'm sure he'll love it." Betsy assured her. "You think so." She turned around. Betsy nodded to her. "I spent quite some time with him and he sure do like surprises." Betsy assured her again. Mary turned around looking down.

"After the party ..I uhm.. I want y'all out of this house." Mary looked away. Betsy eyes furrowed. "Ms are you are you firing us?" Betsy said her eyes starting to water. "Yes..yes I am you see me and Wesley we gonna start fresh in this house right here we gonna hire some white maids. So the energy will be more you know  better." She said. "Ms hunter you can't this is my family only way of gettin money." Betsy pleased. "You listen her you ingrate, I have every right to fire you for fucking my husband. You monkeys lucky I'm just sending you off I can get you lynch for what you did. And that wouldn't be right for your grandpa and that crippled  would it?" Mary spat. "No it wouldn't." Betsy put her head down. "You leave quietly after the party don't tell Wesley your going you hear?" Mary got up and pulled her hair in a neat pretty bun. "Good" she left the room.

Betsy stood there and began crying in her hand. "I'm so sorry mama and grandma I did this to us." She cried.

The phone rung and Wesley immediately picked up and smiled. It was his friend Bart. Bart was currently in the hospital after he got hit by a car he was finally awake and today Wesley begged his mom to go and visit him. Even though it was his birthday.  Before Wesley went out he looked at the kitchen door and ran in. "Hey kiddo" Rubber sadly smiled. "Hey rubber." Wesley smiled. "Wesley looked over to see pas face down and Betsy facing the sink. "Is everything alright guys?" Wesley asked.

Betsy finally turned to Wesley. He could see that Betsy was crying. Betsy smiled at him and took his hand. "Listen you are the brightest boy I have ever come across. You beat so much odds in your life it amazes me. I know you will be something great mr hunter you'll be better then your father I can see it. You might think you lost that light in you...but it's there it's still there. I can see it." Betsy said smiling. Wesley stared at Betsy  and looked over at pa and rubber who were nodding agreeing. "Thankyou... Thankyou for ...everything." Wesley said to them. Betsy smiled "I'll talk to you when you get back." She patted his head. Wesley nodded and left the kitchen

Wesley ran out of the house jumping up and down to the car as his mother walked right after him into the car. Ada watched from the window her hands on the glass. Her brown eyes followed the car drive away. And the car drive right back in. She watched Mary alone come out of the car smiling to herself... Ada watched. She smiled to herself.

Wesley walked into the hospital and watched as the nurse led him to room 408. The nurse guided him in. Wesley smiled at Bart "wesss!!!" He screamed. "Hey Bart!"  Bart was listening to music. He had ok don't be cruel by Elvis Presley. "That song" Wesley stopped and whispered to himself. "What's the matter?" Bart asked concerned. "Oh nothing." Welsey smiled assuringly to Bart who was on the bed. "I remember that today was your birthday so I got you this." Bart leaned over trying to grab the book. And handed it to me. "It's my dads old book but I thought you might like it." Bart said weakly.  Wesley opened the book and it was blank except one page that had a telephone number in it Wesley looked up. "It's a telephone book  so you can put numbers in it. Bart laughed

"Thanks I really needed it." Wesley said sarcastically. They both laughed.

This is the part.

Where.

Everything.

Slowed.

Down.

Mary came in the dining room with a blue and red cake with candles she smiled at it. "Oh he's going to love  this I made it just for him. I haven't baked in so long." Mary looked at Betsy rubber and pa. They all faked smiled. "It looks beautiful ms hunter." Betsy painfully said. "Imma go upstairs and change these shoes." Mary walked away as well as the help. The cake sat there as Ada was in front of it. Tears spilling from her cheeks. "Happy birthday to you." She sang. As she took a candle. "Happy birthday to you." She sang walking over to the window. "Happy birthday dear Wesley." She then lit the curtain on fire.

Happy birthday to me.

Book 1: Ghost of the south On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara