Chapter 49

Wesley knocked on his mother's door almost breaking it. His mother has been depressed and unable to move lately. Wesley knocked on it harder. "Mom?! You there?!"  He asked through the door.  There was no answer. Wesley walked in to see his mother laying on the bed. Her eyes turned to him slowly. Though she was still breathing she looked dead like she was dead. Wesley couldn't cry now right now he needed to be Superman and save the people in this house from Ada. Wesley swallowed spit and said.

"We need to leave now!" Wesley said urgently. "Mom I'm serious! Get up we have to leave this house now! Let's book a motel hotel or something but let's leave too many bad memories." Welsey said walking towards her and trying to take off the covers. "Stop." Mary groaned. "Mom please."  "I said stop!" She yelled. Wesley moved back a little flinching. Mary put her hand on Wesley's cheek and caressed it. "I don't. Want to leave baby...not right now."  She slurred. She was drunk. Mary rolled over from her bed.

"Mom come on Remember New York? Los Angeles the big city?" Wesley walked to the other side of the bed. "Think about it mom the cars passing by the lights the music the laughs just me and you mom," Wesley said smiling a little. "Forget it." She said tossing the empty glass bottle ok the carpet. "No mom we can still make out dreams come true come on don't give up now dad still has his safe with money come on," Wesley said dragging her arm a little. "You..take it and get out of here leave me here to die." She slurred again. Wesley stood there blankly face. "Mom! Come on!" Wesley raised his hand to grab her arm. Mary flinched instantly. "No joe! Don't hit me! I'm sorry please." She said shielding her face. Wesley moved back. "Mom..." Wesley said lightly. "You were right I am a horrible mother couldn't protect my daughter how can I protect myself." Mary began to laugh.  Wesley stood there and cried at his mother's destruction.

Sarah sat on her bed listening to the radio with her hands crossed on her lap. Just then the radio started glitching. Sarah leaned forward and slapped it. "What the hell is going" she groaned. "This old machine." Sarah began to slap it more and more. Just then a voice. "I think it's broken, Sarah." A tiny but determined voice rang through the room. Ada was sitting across from the bed. "That voice." Was all Sarah said before turning back around and meeting eyes with Ada. "Long time no see Sarah." Ada smiled. "Adamma," Sarah grunted out angrily. "You leave that boy alone you hear I already told him-" Sarah immediately flinched when Ada stood up.

"Listen I have no ill intentions towards him I will never kill Wesley my goal is to." Ada was then interrupted by "to get revenge but there ain't no revenge to get you done killed everyone you can you already killed my daughter listen Adamma they're ain't no more to kill! I'm telling you to keep my grandchildren out of it!" Sarah raised her voice. "Look at you old and weak." Ada walked towards the bed where Sarah was laying. Sarah held on to the bed. "I ain't scared of you Adamma my father was but I'm not!" Sarah spat. "Ouch really even I scare myself sometimes won't you say?" Ada laughed to herself.

"What did you come here to do kill me? Then do it? I have no time to be talking and wasting time." She said. Ada frowned and leaned down and pulled Sarah by her hair. "Exactly like Bahati rude and defiant! I'll teach you a lesson just like I did the ones who came before you!" Ada slammed her head back. "A lesson for what?! For surviving for wanting to live?! Not everyone wanted to sacrifice everything for freedom Ada." Sarah said. Ada immediately stormed in front of Sarah. "Don't fucking call me that! You're not allowed do you understand?!" She screamed at Sarah.

"I don't know what you want from us or what you want from the world Adamma but killing like this is not going to get you anything you're looking for." Sarah looked into her eyes. Ada thought for a minute then smiled. "Let's see then." Ada took a pillow and put it over Sarah's face. Sarah tried to bury the pillow. Ada sat on the pillow. Turning the radio on and humming to the music. "Shhhh Sarah it's time to go to sleep now it's going to be ok rest," Ada said. Once Sarah's body stopped moving she took the pillow off and raised it to look and smiled.