Chapter 36

Ada crossed her arms and rolled her eyes. "Don't test me, Wesley Hunter," Ada said with fire in her eyes. Wesley looked at Ada angrily as well. "Whatever." He moved away and went to his door and notice his lock was gone. He slowly looked at her. "You should always keep your key on you at all times Wesley." She said dangling the key and smiling. Wesley turned back and opened the door to see Betsy. "Your new bed she-" she didn't finish because she fainted at the sight of Wesley and this wonky uniform. Wesley shrugged and walked over to her.

Wesley walked downstairs and to his father with the same thing on. Joe smiled and took his son's hood off. "You don't wear this yet," Joe said. Wesley nodded. Joe and Wesley left the house. Upstairs in Wesley's room, Ada was watching as they got in the car and drove off. Her small hand was now in a fist. Ada went under the bed and pulled out a shoe box. She smiled and opened the box and there it was a gun.

Wesley and joe hopped out of the car it was a distant place and plus it was dark. Joe stopped Wesley and looked at him and signaled him to put his hood on. Wesley nodded and put it on. He followed his father into the woods on the way there he smelt fire something burning and he could hear the sound of the flames and people talking and screaming and someone preaching. Wesley looked up at his father's back. And joe kept walking forward Wesley shrugged.

Once they reached the destination Wesley's eyes widened. He saw burning crosses and people of all the same wearing the same thing he and his father were wearing. This one man was preaching and yelling. "We need to get them niggers up and out of our town!" He yelled. Everyone else was agreeing the man went on and on. Just then he bumped into someone. A similar height to his. "Sorry-" just then he looked into the mask and saw the eyes. He can tell whose eyes were those from a mile away. Wesley whispered. "Bart?" He questioned. "Wesley?" Bart looked shocked.

"Well, I'll be dammed when did you come to these things?" Wesley couldn't see it but he knew Bart was smiling. "This the first time I guess my dad always comes." He smiled as well. Well, at least he didn't find this thing so creepy and boring anymore. "Bart where you at boy?" A man yelled. "Well, I gotta go back now my pa and uncles are probably looking for me see you around Wes." He waved Wesley goodbye. Wesley slowly waved still shocked to see his friend. "Hey, Wes." His father whispered to him. Wesley looked up. "The ceremony is about to start." Joe ushered his son to the front of him to get a better look at the "ceremony"

Welsey excitedly went in front of his dad with his hands on his shoulders he smiled. But the smile quickly turned around. A black man who looked badly beaten up was ushered to the center where the burning crosses were and where the man was preaching. He was tied up and knelt down in front of the people. He looked down like he knows what was about to happen to him. Wesley's eyes widened. "Let the ceremony begin." The man cheered. A member was playing the drum. Which was pretty ironic in Wesley's head because he remembers Ada telling him those came from Africa. Another member pulled out a gun and pointed it at the black man's head.

Wesley's face had a look of terror. He was not about to just sit here and watch this man get killed?! Was he?! Wesley looked around and saw everyone standing there watching like statues. Even.. Bart. Wesley was stupid he knew that he always knew he was a dumbass because what he did next will change everything.

"Stoooppppp!" He screamed at the top of his lungs and ran toward the guy. He pushed the guy's body into the ground making him shoot upwards. "Dammit boy!" The guy cussed Wesley grabbed the gun and pointed it toward the people and the guy. "No one move!" Wesley screamed. Wesley quickly untied the man. As the man got up he looked at Wesley scared and confused. "What the Fuck are you looking at run! Get out of here!" Wesley yelled at him the black man ran while Wesley pointed it at the people. Just then a punch to his jaw knocked him out making everything

Turn Black.