Chapter 17

3 weeks passed Wesley and Ada were getting closer and closer they were playing almost every day. Wesley felt as if he could be himself around her and the same went for Ada. They were always laughing together and getting in trouble of course Wesley was the one who was getting in trouble and looked like a crazy guy for talking to a complete ghost. Mary watched her son from afar and looked worried.

She walked over to her husband who was on the phone. "Joe I really think it's time we get a friend for Wesley." She said. "No Mr. Walter it's 500,000 dollars nothing more nothing less!" Joe said talking on the phone. "Joe? Joe? Joe?" Mary repeated. "Hold on!" Joe slammed the phone onto the desk. "What! What the fuck do you want Mary! Cause obviously I'm not on the phone right!?" Joe yelled. Mary stared at him with tears in her eyes and walked away from his office but while she walked away. "Oh, yea I'm not coming with you guys to pick up Casey I have a business call earlier today." He said. Mary walked out.

Ada and Wesley were in the living room Wesley was dressed because today was the day they brought Casey home. Ada was on the floor watching tv as Wesley was on the couch reading his comic book. Ada tilted her head at the weird cartoon. "Why do they look like that?" Ada asked out loud. Wesley looked up at the tv and smiled. "They look like that because they are black Ada." He said as if she was silly. Ada frowned. "Well I'm black and I don't look like that," Ada argued. She looked up at Wesley and Wesley looked down at her. "I guess your right." "And besides I'm brown, not black. That!" Ada stood up and pointed to a black vase that held pink flowers in it. "Is black. This." Ada pointed to herself. "Is brown," Ada said.

Ada went back and sat on the floor near Wesley. "So what should I call you then?" Wesley asked. "Ada looked up and frowned. "What a stupid question." Wesley could see Ada was getting annoyed. "Call me what you have been calling me. I don't identify as a negro or a nigger or whatever words you guys have for people like me in this day and age." Ada crossed her arms and huffed.

Wesley smiled and nodded. "I mean come on they look like monkeys we don't look like monkeys!" Ada screamed out. Just then his mother came downstairs with the keys in her hand. "Come on Wesley let's go." She said dryly she looked as if she had been crying. Wesley and Ada looked at his mother walk out of the house then looked at each other then began to walk out of the house.

"Your coming?" Wesley asked Ada. Ada smiled. "Of course wouldn't that be the nicest thing to do," Ada said. Ada knew what she did but the scariest thing was she didn't regret it at all. Ada wanted to come along to pick up Casey to see how much she affected her victim it brought her satisfaction to know that someone learned their lesson and that someone was silenced by her. Ada got in the car with Wesley they both sat on opposite sides of the car the front seat was left open for Casey.

As they got there Mary parked slowly. She turned around to Wesley and said. "I need you to wait here while I go get your sister do you think you can do that for me?" Wesley nodded to her.  Mary got out of the car and left. Ada turned to Wesley and smiled. "What do we do now?" Ada asked Wesley.

"I don't know." Wesley shrugged. Ada slouched onto her seat. "Ugh let's go and do something Wesley." She said. "No my mom said to stay in the car I'm not disobeying her," Wesley said sternly. "Ada got up and looked at him. "You don't act like normal kids," Ada said. Wesley frowned. "You act mature almost like a grown man." Ada chuckled looking out the window. Wesley stared at Ada.

Wesley got lost in thought. He moved closer to Ada close and looked at her. Ada swiftly turned her head to Wesley who kissed her on her lips. Ada's eyes widened as she pushed him away.

"What are you doing?!" She yelled