Chapter 26

Bart and Wesley were playing near the train tracks. They were chasing the train trying to keep up with it. Bart couldn't lie Wesley was really fast. Bart stopped to take a breather. Welsey might have been blind but that was the only thing that really was in his way. Bart looked at Wesley in awe. Bart envied Wesley Wesley was smart, athletic, and kind oh did he forget to mention smart? Bart knew that deep down Wesley could be anything he really wanted to bed. He knew his friend would be successful one day.

"Hey Wes," Bart called. The two were now beginning to walk back home. It was now getting dark and Wesley's parents would worry about him. "You going to remember me when you become really rich," Bart said smiling. "Oh come to one Bart what are you saying?" Welsey said nudging him. "Oh stop it me and you both know you are practically good at everything," Bart exclaimed. "No, I'm not." Wesley rolled his eyes.

Bart turned to Wesley and grabbed him by the shoulders. "Look all I'm asking is for you to remember when you become really rich," Bart said. Wesley stared into Bart's eyes and nodded. "Of course, I will Bart. Why would I forget you?" Wesley asked. "Because that's what happens when people get a new life. They forget the people in their past." Bart shrugged. "That's what my older brother did to us." Bart looked at Wesley.

Welsey had no clue that Bart had an older brother. It seemed as if his brother hurt him a lot. "We're you and your brother close?" Wesley asked. "Like two peas in a pod," Bart said sadly. "He became a lawyer for married and he never even calls before he would send letters now he doesn't anymore." Bart was starting to get angry. But every time he would see that Wesley was still there he would come down.

"Why won't you become rich then you can meet him," Wesley suggested. Bart chuckled "no I'm too dumb Wesley."  Bart said picking up a stick.
"I don't think you're dumb," Wesley said. "Oh be quiet it's because you're my friend."  Bart pushed away Wesley.  "I'm stupid trust me, but I know you will be rich I just know it that's why I'm counting on you to get us both to the top, plus check out that house you got you're already rich. It's in your veins all you need to do is focus on being at the top and I and I will both be rich." Bart smiled at Wesley showing his braces.

Wesley smiled back at him.  "I promise Bart imma to get super rich where we could play all day and our house will have a Superman slide. And and-". "Chicken wings every day!" Bart jumped. "Yes!" 

Walking along the street they sang. "Hey! Cupcake!" Bart and Wesley looked back to see Matt and two other tall boys. "Run!" Bart screamed to Wesley. Wesley and Bart ran. "Get 'em!" The boys chased after them laughing loudly.  Welsey was already faster than many so it was easy for him to Lose their reach. They ran to a nearby tree. Bart was practically out of breath. "Did..... we....... lose.........em?" He said to try to talk while breathing. " I think so," Wesley assured.

"Wrong!" That's when Matt punched Wesley's face from behind the tree removing his glasses.
Welsey was now on the ground and couldn't see trying to find his glasses. One of the boys stepped on them breaking them. The other boys mercilessly punch Bart's face and Matt was kicking his stomach.  Wesley was also being kicked in the stomach. Wesley looked over to his friend who was trying to breathe. Wesley knew it had to be him who got them out.  Welsey pulled the boy's legs causing him to fall onto he ground with him. "Shit!" The boys said

Welsey tried to get on top of him getting in a punch.  The Boy pushed Wesley away and punched him even more. Just then the tree caught on fire. The boys looked at this pushed away Bart and Wesley and ran away. "See you later idiots." Bart was unconscious lying there but Wesley was still away and bloody.  Knew he needed to get them out of there before they both were dead. He got up and carried Bart away.

Bart was able to stand so Wesley just held on to his shoulder and put his arm around his shoulder and had Bart learn of him. Wesley knocked on his home. He felt the tension. Opening the door  Ruby. She gasped loudly.