Chapter 16

When dinner was done. Wesley was still reading his comic books at the table. Even though the help was still tidying up from dinner. Wesley heard something that caught his ear Wesley moved closer to the kitchen. 

"I keep on telling you!" The old woman spoke.
"You acting all crazy again woman." The old man tapped his cane. "Pa let her have her imagination." Ruby smiled washing dishes. "You can keep on saying that momma but sooner or later she gonna get us all in trouble." Rubber said passing a dish to Ruby. "Have some respect rubber." Betsy smacked rubber in the arm. "I'm telling you she's here!  in this house!" The old woman said.

Everyone ignored her. "You think that girl fell?! What kind of stupid excuse is that?! I myself have fallen many times doing errands and I never had blood everywhere." Wesley thought.
"It's her I'm telling you, people, I'm telling you?!" The old woman expressed. "Who's her?" Betsy asked. "Some Lil slave girl" rubber answered.

Wesley's eyes widened. She was surely talking about Ada. "She's been talking about this ghost since I was small." Ruby shook her head. Wesley backed away there he was greeted by Ada with a wide smile.

"Hello, Wesley would you like to play Superman." She asked. "Ada it's dark I can't play outside when it's dark." Wesley brushed her off and began walking away. Ada followed him. "Surely we can play in the house," Ada said. "No, mother said it's bad I can't play in the house," Wesley said annoyed. "I'm sensing you are annoyed with me is there something I have done wrong, Wesley?" She followed him as he was going upstairs.

Wesley ignored her. "Wesley? ...Wesley?.... Wes-". Wesley turned around to Ada and there she was met with anger in his eyes. "Can't you see I'm stressed my sister just got seriously hurt and all you can think of is a game?!" Wesley raised his voice. He was now in his room doorway as he stood in his room and Ada outside of it. It was a long quiet pause. "I mean certainly she deserved it." Ada awkwardly laughed. Wesley slammed the door in her face.

Ada stomped. "Stupid Ada stupid." She sat outside the door. And sighed.

The next day  Wesley was playing by himself it was very boring. He hasn't seen Ada for almost the whole day. Wesley scratched his cheek then touched it and smiled.

Flashback:
Wesley was over ms. Hill's house for studying. It was fun to have only him and ms. Hill he liked being alone with her it felt nice to have her undivided attention. Ms. Hill came in with a plate of cookies and milk she put it down on the table. Wesley dived into it. Ms. Hill sat down and watched him in awe. "Wesley do you know why I invited you here to study?" She asked. Wesley's face was stuffed with cookies he looked up and shook his head. "It's because I feel very comfortable with you." Wesley tilted his head he had no idea what she was talking about. "You not like most kids I teach Wesley." Wesley's eyes twinkled. Did she really mean that? Of course, she meant that ms. Hill means everything. Ms. Hill moved closer to him. "Really?" Wesley asked she nodded. Wesley began writing as ms hills eyes did not stop eyeing him. "Do you have a girlfriend Wesley?" Wesley dropped his pencil and turned to her. "No I don't my mother says I'm too young," Wesley said sadly. Ms. Hill laughed."that's crazy! You are such a handsome boy I was sure you had someone." "so I'm guessing you have never kissed a girl before?" She smiled. Wesley smiled and shook his head. "No"
He enjoyed making her happy she was very nice to him. "What if I became your first kiss?" She suggested. Wesley was surprised. "Ms hill the prettiest woman he has seen wanted to kiss him?!" Just as he was thinking she planted a kiss on his cheek. "Why did you kiss me?" Wesley asked. Ms. Hill smiled. "That's what girls and boys do when they have really strong friendships, Wesley." She said. "Oh." Wesley looked down and smiled

Wesley was now going back home since the day was now getting darker. He was in his bed laying down watching the stars that began to appear. The door creaked open and there she was. "Wesley I have been thinking and I realize what I said was very selfish and rude and I'm sorry," Ada said.  "It's fine" he huffed. Ada stood there. Wesley furrowed his eyebrows why was she still here? "What do you want Ada?"

Ada nervously twisted her heels. "I was wondering if I could sleep with you?" Ada said. Wesley turned to look at her and her face he squinted his eyes at her. "Fine" he moved aside for her to sleep in.  She happily went on it and laid down. "Seriously Wesley I don't think I have laid on a bed in so long, of course, I lay on your bed when your not in your room all the time but now it's like the real thing ya know." She said excitedly. "Ada.." Wesley whined for her to hush. "Oh sorry," Ada whispered.

Seconds passed until it hit Wesley. "Wait you sleep on my bed when I'm not here?!!!" He said. Kneeling on his bed.  But surely Ada was sleeping peacefully. Wesley sighed and then went to sleep as well. "Wesley?" Ada whispered. "Yes?" He whispered back. "Are you my best friend ?" Ada turned to him. "Yea I think so," Wesley answered. Ada smiled and went back to sleep