Chapter 32

The men chuckled and slammed their drinks. "Tell me about what's been bothering you ole Joe ." Sam leaned back in his chair.

"Nothin' much, just...Wesley." He mumbled. "What about him?" Sam furrowed his eyebrows.
"The kid got his own imagination you know? Talking about sum negro ghost."

"Well, I wouldn't be surprised you know that house of yours is an old plantation..."
"I know I know Samuel I know what my great-granddaddy left me."

"Ok, joe I'm just saying be careful," Sam said
"You know what they say about this town." He continued. Joe furrowed his eyebrows in confusion he had no idea what Sam was talking about. Kevin and Sam caught on to his friend's confusion.

"You don't know? About the tale the ghost of the south." Sam asked. Joe shook his head. "Really? You sure your from around here?" Kevin asked taking a sip of his beer. Joe slammed his hand onto the table. "Yes I am now don't be asking me stupid questions," Joe said his anger rising. Kevin continued to sip his beer some more completely unfazed by joes anger. "Alright alright calm down guys you still got the kids in the house don't wanna scare them," Sam said calming joe. "A kid." Joe corrected taking a sip out of his bottle. "What do you mean a kid?" Kevin asked. "Oh come on Casey practically a woman." He said looking at the grass. Kevin turned to joe.

"Is that so...well I got a son about the age of 32 I think Casey would be his type." Kevin grinned. Knowing that he didn't really have a son he just wanted Casey to himself like the sick man he was. Joe shrugged. "She ain't pure though... can practically smell the sex on her," Joe said drinking a sip from his bottle. Joe was now becoming drunk and spewing out poison honesty. Sam shook his head. "You raise them well and they just put that all in the trash," Sam said.
"Raise? I didn't raise anything! I don't even want that son of bitch." Joe said frowning. Sam and Kevin looked at each other. "Now slow down now," Sam said calming joe. "Oh, now you want me to calm down." He chuckled. Then continued. "You know... I only married her because she was pregnant." He laughed bitterly.  Sam and Kevin stared at him while joe took another sip of his beer.

Betsy was still taking care of Casey's wounds. And oddly enough Wesley was there watching in the door Casey stared at Wesley and Wesley looked away. "Is there a reason why you are here?... Wesley?" Casey asked raising her eyebrow. Wesley gasped. "I... I...I'm just bored." Wesley crossed his arms and then looked away with a pout.

"We'll take your boredom and go elsewhere!" Casey screamed at her brother standing up. Wesley was shocked. there were no words that came out of his mouth. He nodded then quietly stood up and left the room. Betsy watched and quietly sighed. Wesley went into the bathroom to wash his face as Wesley got up he looked at himself in the mirror. There she was right behind him a gun in her hand smiling. Wesley gasped loudly and blinked and she disappeared. "I need sleep," Wesley whispered to himself. It was true he hasn't had a good night's sleep since Ada stabbed the pillow next to his head.

Wesley went outside the bathroom and into his bedroom. He tripped over his comics but that did not even phase him. He plopped over on his bed and snored away.

Flashback:
"Ruby!" She panicked. "Ruby Janet!" She started crying running around to find her little daughter. "Calm down she'll probably turn up somewhere calm down Sarah." The young man said. "No! I need to find her you don't know what could happen!" She yelled. Just as the woman was crying. "Mama!" The little girl ran with a ball in her hands. "Ruby?" Sarah turned to the girl. "Mama! I'm back!" The little girl ran towards her mother. Running in for a hug. She was met with a harsh slap unto her face she fell back onto the ground. "Ah!" She held her face. "Mama! That hurt!" She cried out. "What the hell is wrong with you girl? I told you what's out there! I told you!" She shook her daughter. "Sarah that's enough." The man came and interrupted. "Y..your crazy mama! You're crazy! Ghosts aren't real!" Ruby got up and ran to the shack which was their home. "She right you know?" The man said walking away. Sarah stood there frozen lost for words she looked down. "You'll know one day." A tear fell.

There she sat rocking in her chair. A tempo that will continue over and over again.
"One day." She whispered to herself.