Chapter 9

The family was eating breakfast and Wesley had a white button-down shirt with black pants this time. He was eating his food very fast and joe caught on to this. "Woah son slow down what are you rushing for foods not running anywhere now." Joe smiled. Wesley's face was stuffed and he smiled with bacon slipping out of his mouth. Mary was feeling a lot better with the help of Betsy and ruby. She petted joes hand and smiled. "Leave him alone Wesley probably met a new friend." She smiled. Wesley kept eating.

Ruby came into the dining room offering more potatoes. Joe wanted some and so he waved for her to come to him. "Done!" Wesley got up and wiped his mouth quickly. Then went to the front door and left. Casey's eyes followed her little brother. She got up and left right along with him. Wesley hopped off onto the steps. He then began walking towards the cotton field. With Casey right behind him.

The sun was shining bright and it was getting hotter. Wesley was aiming for the tree. The tree that he couldn't see any more? Just then a hand on his shoulder turned him around. Wesley jumped. "Who are you going to see?" Casey crossed her arms. "No one none of your business go home." Wesley shooed his sister away but Casey was not having it. She pulled Wesley by the shirt and asked him again.
"Tell me, Wesley!" Casey said angrily. Wesley grabbed her hands. "Why do you want to know?"

Cast dropped her brother onto the ground. "Because I do now tell me." Wesley got up and shook his head no. "Leave me alone and stop following me, Casey." He said. Wesley continued walking away.  Casey frowned and ran up I her brother. "Mother told me to follow you." That was a lie. Casey was just bored she wanted to annoy her brother because really that was something that made her feel happy. "Leave me alone!" Wesley turned around and screamed at her. Casey smiled "fine." She hummed.

She turned around as the both of them were putting distance between each other. Casey fell into the ground and her foot had gotten tangled in thorns. Casey was crying from the pain she called out for Wesley. But Wesley simply ignored her and continued on his journey. As Casey was on the ground the thorns seemed to be getting tighter and tighter around her leg. She was screaming for help.

Wesley was walking but it felt like he was walking in circles there was no tree to be found. Wesley crouched down. Sweat beamed down his forehead. "Where are your tree? Come out come out." Wesley sighed. Then he remembered. Wesley closed his eyes and hummed. Bopping his head once again. Then he looked up to see the tree. Wesley smiled brightly. He ran towards the tree. Once he finally came to his destination. He dropped his comic books.

Wesley could see a figure behind the tree. He want to just go and see but he realized that would have been rude. And he wanted to leave a good impression on his new friend.
"Your late." A voice said. It was a girl's voice. It was soft and sweet but urgent and harsh at the same time. Wesley's eyes widened. "I. I'm sorry my sister Casey was giving me trouble." Wesley chuckled nervously. Rubbing the back of his neck.

"I saw." She said. It was quiet. "She went back now so you don't have to worry." Wesley smiled assuringly. "I know," Adamma responded. "I thought you would have been a boy that's why I brought some comic books with me." He kicked the comic books to the side.
Adamma laughed. "I can't even read." She said sadly. "Oh." Wesley put his head down. "You know I could teach you how to read," Wesley said taking a step forward. Adamma gasped. "Really?!" She said happily. "Yes yes, I could Adamma." He slightly smiled. Adamma laughed at the pronunciation of her name she smiled.

"My name is Adamma not adaamma." She said.
"Oh sorry, it's a strange name I have never heard of it before," Wesley said. "I know
It's fine just call me ada for short." She smiled.
"Now ada sounds familiar." He giggled. Ada laughed as well. "Ada?" Wesley asked. "Yes?"
"Can I see you now?" Wesley asked her. "Of course." There she swiftly turned around.