Chapter 21

Flashback:
He wore a long white coat that had his ID on it swung side to side it was a badge of honor as he walked pridefully. He was careful with each step. He walked with the report in his hands and had the burden of the horrible news. Dr.Olsen knocked on the wooden door. "Come in!" Joe's voice yelled. Dr.Olsen went into the room and made a sad face. Joe and Mary who was in the hospital bed looked at him with answers very urgently. Dr.Olsen gave a long sigh. "Mrs hunter... I'm afraid... that during the operation your baby has passed away." The news broke her it was like the whole world stopped. Joe threw his hand up disappointed. "This is baby number three now what the hell is going on?!" He yelled at the doctor taking all his anger out on him. Mary cried quietly and held her heart. Joe turned to his wife and held her hand and looked at her. "Don't worry we'll keep trying." He nodded to her Mary nodded as well. "Actually..." Dr.Olsen interrupted the moment. Joe looked at him angrily "actually what?" Joe asked annoyed. "We've done some tests and...I'm afraid Mrs.Hunter can't have any more children." Dr.Olsen said. Now all the little hope that was still left in them was completely shattered in one sentence. Joe removed his hand from Mary's. Who knew that would be the last time he ever looked at her like that? Certainly, she didn't. Days later she was ready to be taken home. She didn't want to go home to Mary she was good as dead she didn't want to face her children. She couldn't handle it. She wishes she could stay in the hospital. Joe opened the door for Mary and she went inside. And went back to the driver's seat. Casey and Wesley were in the back on opposite ends. As they were driving. A confused Wesley wasn't reading the room. "So where's the baby mom?" Wesley asked innocently. Casey smacked the back of Wesley's head hard. "Ow," he whined "Shhh" she put her finger on her lips. Joe looked over to his wife to give a decent answer to their son. "Well.. baby it was just ..another angel." She smiled back at him. Wesley rolled his eyes. Once again they lied to him. Wesley sighed loudly. That hurt Mary if only she could tell him but he was far too young and childish to understand. Mary closed her eyes and cried.

There she lay on the bed closed her eyes and cried silently.

Wesley was outside with Bart passing a ball back and forth to each other.
"Hey Bart," Wesley said passing the ball to him. "Yea what?" Bart asked and passed the ball back to Wesley. "What's sex?" Welsey asked. "You don't know what that is?" Bart passed it back. Welsey shook his head no. Passing the ball to Bart. "It's when a boy and a girl make love," Bart said catching it. Then passing it back to Wesley. "Rumor has it That's how babies are made," Bart says. Wesley shook his head. "I don't think that's true," Welsey said. "Same." Bart agreed. "I hear my sister do it with her boyfriend." Bart looked at Wesley. "Really?" Welsey said. "Yea my dad calls her a whore though," Bart said passing the ball. "What's a whore?" Wesley asked passing it back. "When a girl has sex with a lot of guys," Bart said. "If you ever find a girlfriend don't be with a whore." Bart said. Wesley nodded.

Later on the day, the two were walking around the field. "One day you should come over to my house," Bart suggested. "Yea I will have to ask my mom.". "No you don't, you could just go," Bart said. "I can't do that she will freak out if I do that," Wesley said.  Bart looked at Wesley and sighed. "Fine whatever," Bart said.
Wesley looked at Bart it looked as if he was disappointed in him he didn't really like that. He didn't want to lose his friend so fast. "Buts what's wrong with my house?" Wesley asked.
Bart looked back. "Nothing is bad it's just that.." Bart moved closer to Wesley's ear. "It feels like someone is always watching me." He whispered in his ear. "Yea I get that too," Wesley said squinting his eyes and looking around.