Leap of Faith

Summary: The multiverse is trapped in dark times, which are even darker for a simple skeleton trying to escape the crumbling realms, ashes, and demons biting at his heels.

(Warning: The Darkness, which includes mentions of torture, injuries, blood, and swearing

(Warning: The Darkness, which includes mentions of torture, injuries, blood, and swearing. Proceed at your own risk.)

The world was still; Seemingly frozen in time

The world was still; Seemingly frozen in time. Planets ceased rotation. Shooting stars, comets, and meteors sat amongst the stars, suspended. Not a single human or monster stirred from their position on the floating expanse. Buildings usually lit with a warm, welcoming glow had grown cold. Each and every window, open doorway, and lamppost was dark- Almost as if light never illuminated them. Neither flame nor magic flickered. Blackness threatened to overtake the brightest of light. It even reached far into the beyond. The all-consuming force shrouded the sky, hiding the nearby stars and galaxies like a dastardly omen. An omen that said: All heed my warning- Fear not who you don't understand; Fear those with the darkest of SOUL, for they will devour all. Alas, such words fell upon deaf ears. Nothing - not even Nature's mightiest forces - could deter the judgmental from the path they had chosen.

Between the small town and the Ruins (The civilization's oldest place of residence, and historical puzzle labyrinth.), there laid a craggy pathway that led into a deep, shadowy forest. Few traveled there. It was too dangerous, as the floating land broke into many pieces that bobbed and drifted about the amaranthine space. Furthermore, the sparkling stardust coating the ground like snow made it increasingly difficult to navigate. It often reflected starlight into the eyes of brave travelers. Sometimes, poor souls would be blinded and make an unfortunate misstep, reuniting them with the Void below. The oblivion-esque realm was inescapable. Once ensnared within, a being was ripped apart and scattered across space/time. A kismet none wished upon their worst enemy.

Wkdw zdv- Xqohvv wkh zlvkhu ri plviruwxqhv zdv VRXOohvv.

Like the town, silence enveloped the mystic woodlands. Its' normally brilliant, shimmering trees dimmed to the point they no longer produced light. And the eeriness only increased. Nature's wonders - bugs, birds, and animals of all types - were nowhere to be seen, leaving the entirety of the land ominously empty. However, it was not entirely void of life. Or sound. (Though, why would one expect sound waves to traverse the vast void of space? A seemingly impossible feat, yet, many a noise once played throughout the land. Perhaps due to magic. Or, perhaps another force was responsible for this strange phenomenon.) A monster dwelled further down the dangerous road, leaving echoes of hurried footsteps in his wake. Stardust lifted and swirled every time a foot left or landed on the ground. Unnatural darkness enveloped him. Key features needed to determine his monster-species or character were hidden. For good reasons, too.