Idle Animation

Summary: Error hates AUs based on video games. (Oh, the irony.)

"S-stay still and let me-me destroy y-y-you!" 

Blue strings zipped around the forest. Each attempting to strike at a swift blur, and horribly failing as the vague impression of a skeleton instantly moved to another location once they got too close. The shamed threads thus became one with the landscape. Some were tangled between trees and rocks, creating a canopy above. Others found themselves haphazardly strewn along the snow-laden ground like dejected party streamers. A rather frustrated destroyer stood in the middle of the chaos with a snarl on his face. 

"Heh. As much as I'd love to, buddy, I can't." The native Sans drawled. Sarcasm dripped from his voice, causing one of his attempted murderer's eye sockets to twitch. 

Error stomped his foot on the ground, childishly, and aimed a few more strings and bone attacks his target. They were effortlessly avoided. A metaphorical vein nearly popped out of the dark-boned skeleton's skull before he roared, "W-why not! Standing still is-is literally the easiest-iest thing a-any li-living abomination can d-do."

"This is my idle animation." 

Another series of attacks missed. Error growled, growing increasingly agitated with each confirmed 'miss.' He ripped a volley of strings from his glitching eye sockets and sent them hurtling toward what soon became the blur's afterimage. His eyelights frantically tracked the movement, trying to pinpoint the other's location. "Y-your creator must ha-have been high-gh out of-of their mind i-if this is you-your idle animation."

"You have no idea." The words seemed thrown and unintelligible due to the Sans' constant motion, but the destroyer managed to decipher them nonetheless. Suddenly the AU's Sans froze. He stood perfectly still, situated with two trees on either side of him.

A manic grin stretched across the destroyer's jaws. "H-hah!" He cheered, shooting more strings in the unmoving monster's direction. The Sans vanished, making his strings to crash into the snow. 

A fierce roar then echoed throughout the forest, reaching the ears of those far away in Snowdin, "Y-y-you did th-that just to-to m-mock me, di-didn't y-you?!"