Gimme The Jelly!

Summary: Ink wants the jelly.

A/N: There are over 4,000 words of this nonsense- so godspeed, readers

A/N: There are over 4,000 words of this nonsense- so godspeed, readers. Godspeed.

Inspired by cs.mt's AU, Unspecified Alternate.

mt's AU, Unspecified Alternate

Ink silently strolled along a beach, soft sand sneaking between his metatarsals/phalanges and in the open holes on the bottom of his stockings. A delicate smile laid across his jaws as he admired the scenery: clear blue ocean waters like right out of a painting, beautiful tan (almost white) sands littered with shiny shells, lightly clouded skies adorned by a brilliant yellow sun, and vibrant, lush foliage covered in all sorts of big and small colorful flowers. But everything paled in comparison to the gentle, salty sea breeze rustling the plants on the seaside and delivering clean air to the island. It was so much different from the musty, damp air in the Underground or the occasionally polluted, sometimes difficult to breathe air of the Surface.

A nice change of pace, Ink thought.

Not that he intended to end up at this little haven on purpose. The Guardian of AUs had been patrolling around the Multiverse sole-style and couldn't help becoming sidetracked by the numerous astounding universes he visited. From magical lands containing the greatest fantasies to desolate terrains, he stopped to admire them all. Maybe even getting himself a wanted poster along the way. (Because, apparently, one may not steal seahorses in the underwater wild west.) His hasty escape from the law led him here.

As the artist continued his walk, listening to the various sounds of nature, his eyelights shifted to a green question mark and yellow hourglass when he noticed an odd object standing out against the distant shoreline. It seemed larger than a mollusk and richer in color than the white, tan, and pink seashells dotting the sands. Perhaps a marine animal washed ashore?

Ink's smile split into an excited grin. He shot a glance over his shoulder at the enormous paintbrush strapped to his back before making a beeline toward the mysterious thing, saying enthusiastically, "Broomie, there's something in the sand. Let's poke it and see if it's dead!"

When his footsteps came to a halt, the soulless skeleton stood in front of a deep blue gelatinous blob with a dimly glowing, four-leaf clover-esque pattern on its top. Crisp ocean waves lapped over his feet. However, they were nowhere near strong enough to pull the glob back into the sea. Curious, he leaned closer and extended an arm - the phalange at the end of his hand more than ready to jab the jelly substance - only to recoil slightly as thin tendrils rose from around his soon-to-be victim, wiggling at him aggressively.