Droop Noot 2

Summary: The sequel no one asked for.

Dream panted as he rushed through the bleak Snowdin weather, determined to reach the pure source of negativity lurking within the outer woods

Past the (poorly implemented) puzzles, beyond the dense pine forest, and at the Ruin's edge, he stumbled to a halt before the large, one-way purple doors. His yellow eyelights instantly settled on the dark, ooze-dripping back facing him.

"Brother, I am here to-" Nightmare slowly (and somewhat dramatically) turned to look at him, causing the yellow-clad skeleton to freeze mid-sentence.

Dream felt his soul seize in fear and worry at the mere sight of the other's ordinarily composed, confident face, which now looked completely different. Like one of Ink's artworks gone horribly wrong: bearing a ninety-degree rotated smug grin stretched across the right side of his skull, an upside-down nasal cavity lying in the middle of his forehead, and an eye socket/eyelight that were gradually creeping lower down his chin.

He frantically shouted, "Oh, my stars! Nightmare, are you okay?"

"Of course I am, you fool. Why does everyone keep asking that?!" The Guardian of Negativity snapped, tendrils lashing behind him.

A strangled cry left the lighter guardian's invisible throat when the gooey socket - eyelight and all - promptly detached from his brother's face, splatting on the snow. His skull quickly turned sheet white, and his jaws parted as if in a silent scream while he stumbled several steps backward.

Nightmare causally leaned over to "look" at his loss piece.

Said piece (somehow) blinked up at him.

The negativity-laden skeleton hmm-ed in response and said, "Well, this is an interesting development. No wonder I've been feeling strange recently."

Instead of mustering the strength to aid his unfazed sibling, call for help, or reply, Dream did the most logical thing he could do: faint.

He fainted, flopping face-first into the snow. Thus, leaving the dark lord with a missing eye and an unconscious body on his hands.

Nightmare's grounded, cyan eyelight glowered at his brother's limp form.

This will be fun to explain to the boys when I get home.