Kidnapping

Summary: Mistakes were made.

(Warning: This story contains mild swearing and violence

(Warning: This story contains mild swearing and violence.)

When Nightmare got back to the castle after an exhausting two-day trip to Underfell to make a peace treaty with the AU, he expected many things upon his return: the kitchen to be on fire, trash littered around, the rose garden he had painstakingly...

When Nightmare got back to the castle after an exhausting two-day trip to Underfell to make a peace treaty with the AU, he expected many things upon his return: the kitchen to be on fire, trash littered around, the rose garden he had painstakingly attempted to grow reduced to lifeless brambles, his followers screaming obscenities and trying to sacrifice an Undyne to the "Dark Lords" again, and etc.

However, as his feet carried him through the oddly untarnished halls and to the living room, he found himself stunned in front of the entrance; Eye socket widening at the sight that laid beyond the threshold.

Inside, Horror had a slumbering white pajama-clad babybones bearing downy wings cradled in his arms.

Killer and Dust surrounded him and softly cooed about how cute the infant monster was. Meanwhile, Cross sat off to the side, looking unnaturally high-strung and concerned. Yet, oddly enough, confused as well.

How very suspicious.

The negativity-laden skeleton tentatively took a step into the room. Eye socket soon narrowing as he warily voiced, "What's going on here?"

Horror looked up, surprised." 'mare? You're... back early."

Killer instantly perked. His hands carefully snatched the small baby from his broken-skulled companion, causing the latter to release a mournful whine at the loss. Then he excitedly presented the sleeping being to Nightmare and said, "Meet our son!"

A frown tugged down the corners of the dark lord's teeth. "I was unaware any of you were in a relationship."

"Oh, we aren't."

"Then how-"

Magic crackled in the air. Thereafter, Geno came barreling through a sudden portal, unleashing a furious screech that sounded like a mix between a dying fax machine and a pterodactyl. Blood-red froth bubbled along his jaws, and his left eyelight was ablaze with blue and red magic.

The four monsters responsible for his rage promptly panicked.

"...Damn."

"Fuck! He found us!"

"Oh shit, run! RUN!"

"I told you guys it was a bad idea!" Cross cried as he and his fellow Bad Sanses scrambled toward the exit.

Before Killer could escape, the enraged glitch tackled him to the ground. But not before the target-souled skeleton could safely pass the winged babybones to Horror has he fled.

"HOW DARE YOU TAKE MY CHILD!" Geno roared, wrapping his phalanges around Killer's "throat" in an ironclad grip.

"Boss!" He pleaded, outstretching an arm toward the dark lord in hopes of salvation.

"I've not rested nearly enough to put up with this right now." Nightmare grumbled. He raised a gooey hand- though, instead of being used to aid the other, it began massaging his temple. "Besides, you should have known better than to take an infant skeleton from its mother-"

"I'm his mother too!" Killer gasped, trying to pry away his attacker's hands.

"- Skeleton mothers are notorious for being extremely aggressive for the first few months after their children are born. Did the lesson not stick after you carelessly provoked Dream during his first outing with Palette?"

"H- how could I forget... almost getting curb st-stomped by an angry ball of sunshine?" The hoodie-clad murderer rasped.

"Given the current circumstances, clearly, you don't remember the event enough." Nightmare deadpanned.