Inktober Shorts (30) - Walk The Walk

Summary: Ink is at it again.

Dream huffed. He had his head propped up with one hand while the other aimlessly tapped on the surface of his desk. On it laid an assortment of papers (proposals and etc.) to be approved or denied; things he wished could be outsourced to another branch of the Star Sanses but got deemed too important for anyone else to handle.

Unfortunately.

Just as he reached to pick up a pen, his office door flung open. Stood on the other side was none other than his mightiest (and most questionable) companion, Ink.

The artist strode into the space. Frowning.

However, that seemed to be the least concerning part of the situation.

As Ink walked, his arms/legs swapped places with each other, and his body switched between crab-walking in mid-air and gliding across the floor while T-posing.

He, thankfully, soon came to a halt in front of the desk. Thus, allowing his form to return to its normal appearance.

"Dream," Ink whined. "My walking animation is broken again, and some of the new recruits are convinced I'm a demon because of it."

Dream sighed, resisting the urge to shoot his friend a flat expression, and offered a sympathetic smile. In the most unirritated tone musterable, he said, "I noticed. Perhaps you should go see Sci, Cross, or Error to see if you can get it fixed."

"I already tried! Instead of helping, Sci somehow made it worse, Cross - well, I forgot what exactly he did, but it still wasn't helpful, and Error laughed at me."

"Have you tried asking your estranged son? What did you say their name was again? Jelly? Peanut butter?"

"I have a son?!" The soulless skeleton gasped, bouncing on his heels excitedly.

Dream gave a small nod. "Yes. He's-"

"I need to tell everyone!"

"Wait, Ink, your animation is still-"

Ignoring him, the artist glitched his way out of the room.

The Guardian of Positivity listened as horrified screams proceeded to echo beyond the doorway, followed by the choppy, nigh demonic declaration, "I ha-ve a s-s-on!"

He released an aggravated groan and banged his forehead against the desk. "...And now his audio files are broken too. Great."