Inktober Shorts (16) - Newsletter

Summary: Don't get your life advice from newsletters.

Heart-wrenching, terrified screams echoed from all around

Heart-wrenching, terrified screams echoed from all around. Flames crackled as they devoured the quaint wooden homes and buildings sprinkled throughout Snowdin's once cheery town.

Dream and his two companions - Blue and Ink - stood amidst the fleeing residents, drawn weapons pointed toward the hulking, tendril-lashing form at the crux of the chaos.

The yellow-clad guardian nocked a glowing magic arrow in his bow and pulled it back, aiming for the beast's chest. His voice carried an air of authority as he shouted over the noise, "Brother, why must you commit these heinous acts? I know you can be a better person if you try!"

The negativity-laden skeleton in question laughed. Each sharpened tendril on his back curled in faux delight.

Giving a sharp grin, he took a menacing step forward and jeered, "I'll have you know I tried to subscribe to 'Being A Good Person Monthly.' It's not my fault they mixed up my subscription with the one for 'Be The Best Fatherly Villain Weekly' and refused to change it."

Dream glanced at the four child-sized skeleton monsters clinging to the dark lord's legs. "Huh... That explains so much."