Wrong Outfit, Right Time

Summary: Blue shouldn't change his costume. 

The sunstones embedded in the high-reaching ceilings of Mount Ebott's caverns were shining brightly, creating a daylight effect; this caused the residents beneath the earth to lumber out of bed to begin their day

The sunstones embedded in the high-reaching ceilings of Mount Ebott's caverns were shining brightly, creating a daylight effect; this caused the residents beneath the earth to lumber out of bed to begin their day. The shop keeper, Doggo, opened up his store for the day. Lazy monsters filed into Muffet's, the local restaurant, for a quick and easy breakfast. The library unlocked its door, waiting in anticipation for someone to fix their sign. Alas, all they gained was a few morning readers seeking the daily newspaper. Monsters smiled chipperly on the snowy streets, obviously having a good morning. Unfortunately, in one house, the day couldn't have started off any worse.

"Stretch! What have you done to my magnificent battle body?! It's ruined." Blue bellowed from inside their home. 

He stood in the kitchen, still clothed by starry pajamas, staring at the table in shock with a dark glint in his eyelights. Dull pinprick orbs examined the mess splayed across its wooden surface. Sky-shaded cloth scraps rested on one end while shredded bits of metal laid on the other. They were destroyed, burnt beyond recognition and torn up. Blue, however, had instantly identified the disaster as the remains of his signature outfit. And he was livid. 

The orange-clad culprit sat in a chair on the opposite side of the table; his head hung in shame, actively avoiding Blue's steely gaze. 

"I- well, uh..." Stretch stammered before choking out a nervous, "I'm sorry, bro. It was an accident."

"An accident? An accident! How can destruction of this magnitude be considered an accident?" Blue cried, clutching the remnants of his precious armor. "Now, what am I suppose to wear to my meeting with Ink and Dream? Nothing will be near as professional and worthy of a skeleton such as myself." 

The guilty monster tapped his phalanges on the table's surface. A tense chuckle followed. "Don't worry, bro. I'm sure you have something bluetiful and sansational to replace it with."

"You are already on thin ice, young man. And I will tell Muffet to bar you from her restaurant if I have to." Blue threatened, leveling his brother with a brief glare. Then he turned and marched to the doorway, only looking back to say, "I expect the table to be spotless by the time I return from my room."

Stretch gulped, hopping out of his seat, nearly knocking it over in the process, and hastily scooped up the mess to throw in the trashcan. Blue nodded somewhat approvingly, continuing through the house to get to his bedroom. A loud bang echoed from the kitchen as he placed a hand on his room's door handle. Stretch blew up the trash, didn't he?

The faint scent of ozone wafting up the stairs made the answer rather clear. The blue-eyed skeleton sighed, pondering why his brother couldn't take out the trash like a normal monster. Their royal council-issued waste bin sat directly on the right side of their house. It was easy to reach. And, despite the pests that sometimes rummage through it, Blue placed no traps or puzzles around. His brother should not have any excuses to avoid going out there. Sadly, Stretch's lazy ways caused him to create crafty ways to avoid even the simplest of tasks.