My Kismet Is A Choice?! (1)

Summary: Destiny throws Error into a different Multiverse. 

Inspired by "Healing What Has Been Broken" and "Falling Into A Different Destiny" by harrish6

Desperation. That was Destiny's drive. She wanted her child, Error, to be safe more than anything in the world. However, as long as his being was intertwined with a similar multiverse, he could never truly escape Fate. Her sister would always be able to pull strings in one way or another. Fate would never fail to find a way to make Error suffer; praising her own hellspawn all the while.

It needed to end.

And if ending it meant Destiny would never see her child again but know he could live a happy life, she would do it. Over and over and over again- No matter what the answer would never change. For Error, she was willing to do anything.

So, when the broken skeleton landed in her arms, she made an improvised decision. Summoning all her power, Destiny sent him far away. Farther than any Sans, human/monster, or deity dared to reach. To a place untouched by the magic of Gods or Goddesses. A world where monster magic was a thing of the past and lived on as a mere myth. A Multiverse composed of a single enormous AU, where Ink (Fate's unholy brat) was no more than a weak, defenseless child.

Yes, Error would be able to live happily in a place such as that. 

Destiny smiled softly, watching as her beloved child vanished from her arms. May the truest kismet be your guide, Error, my dear child. And no matter how challenging the trials ahead are, hold onto your unwavering determination and yield to no forced fates. 

Everything ached. It made sense, considering Ink and the entire Multiverse just attacked him. Bones, flames, energy blasts- Ink spared no expense to make sure Error was defeated once and for all; When he said the entire Multiverse, he meant it. Everyone- Sanses, Papyruses, Toriels, Asgores, Frisks, Charas, and et cetera- Everyone was there, minus Nightmare and his gang. They didn't come. Not even when Error was broken and bleeding on the ground being beaten mercilessly. Not even when he begged for mercy. Not even when his soul cried out for help.

T H E Y  D I D N ' T  S A V E  H I M . 

T H E Y  D I D N ' T  T R Y  T O.

That fact stung more than any of the injuries he sustained. His friends, his allies, the monsters who claimed to have his back no matter what, abandoned him. After everything they had been through together- Fighting the same battles, running from the forces of 'good', watching movies, eating dinner together, sleeping under the same roof, helping each other with personal problems... After all that, they abandoned him. They abandoned Error. Why?

W H Y ?

Nightmare, Dust, Killer, Horror- None of them believed Error was evil. He told them about the Balance; They believed him. Or... at least, they made him think they did. Why else would they have left him to die? Why else would they choose to betray him?

His so-called 'friends' were nothing more than d i r t y  l i e r s

A harsh cough jarred Error's frame. It sounded oddly wet, and a sticky substance seeped from his mouth. Blood, no doubt. His eyes were squeezed shut from the pain, so he couldn't say for certain. Given what he went through, though, it was the likely answer. Hell, he should be dead after all that. Yet here he stood- er, crippledly laid. Standing right now would be a horrible mistake. Red made sure the bones were broken, muttering something about not wanting to give Error the chance to run away. Well, it worked. The destroy could only run as far as he could spit blood. Which wasn't very far. It was hard to aim at your enemies while being beaten to death.

What happened afterward was a blur. First, Error fell and fell and fell- trapped in eternal darkness, being torn apart by the unrelenting forces of the Void. Whether or not he went there willingly was a mystery to him. Would Ink push him into the Void? Yeah, probably. Then someone caught him. Error, the destroyer of worlds, was saved. By an unknown stranger who ignored past transgressions and aided him, no less. A true rarity. While the memory remained blurred, he could almost imagine that stranger holding him close and lovingly (a crazy notion, but Error could dream), like a precious treasure made of the finest porcelain. 

Error groaned as a sudden wave of pain washed over his bone. Using what little strength remained, he curled his broken body into the closest equivalent to the fetal position. It hurt. Static rang in his skull, cutting out any outside noises. 

"_e_!" The vowel pierced through the noise. 

"H_y! _r_ y__ ok__?!" The voice was clearer this time, but the stch-ing of static had yet to leave his 'ears'. Or lessen. Error released a whimper at the sound. Cracking his sockets open, he inspection the person/monster shouting in a worried, frantic tone.   

A woman with short, bright pink hair and kind eyes was crouched over him. Her face pinched in worry and obvious distress. Error would have liked to see more of this odd human. However, the edges of his vision were overcome by darkness. It slowly crept along until it blocked everything from sight; With that, for the first time in an eon, the destroyer of worlds passed out from pain.