Inktober Shorts (21) - Party Time 2

Summary: Even the Bad Sanses have their moments.

Killer smirked, leaning back against a stone wall while popping a random candy in his mouth

Excitement tingled in his soul.

Nightmare had graciously permitted him as well as his three partners-in-crime to throw themselves a Halloween party (since Ink didn't invite them to his).

It was held in a medium-sized room (because the negativity-laden monster didn't want them to ruin the ballroom) and had all the party essentials- right down to decorations, snacks, and punch (the fruity kind).

His fellow teammates even dressed up for the occasion: Cross wore a medieval knight's armor, Dust had a headband featuring depressed-looking bunny ears and a small fluffy tail clipped the bottom of his hoodie, and Horror donned a red flannel shirt paired with a faux beard. Meanwhile, he himself opted to wear a cheap witch costume.

Picking the last candy out of his pocket, Killer glanced around the room in search of his next sugary target.

A frown settled on his jaws.

Mainly due to a peculiar character in the room. A familiar yet equally unfamiliar skeletal monster garbed in a long white coat and a red scarf; their back faced him as they hunted around the snack table.

Killer cautiously took a few side steps toward the table where Dust sat, methodically picking through a bag of colorful candies and separating them by color.

"Do you know that guy?" He asked.

The bunny-eared murderer glanced to where he was looking and gave an uncertain, "...No?"

His vacant eye sockets found their dark depth fixed on Cross and Horror, who had been setting up a fun board game nearby.

"Either of you?"

Both shook their heads.

"Well, then, let's find out who they are!" Killer declared. He moved, then promptly screamed while pointing at the other across the room. "Who are you, and how did you get into our top-secret Halloween Party?!"

The intruder turned their skull from side to side, searching, until they slowly shifted to face him.

For the first time, their facial features could be seen clearly. They had a pasty white skull bearing odd black/blue patches, two mismatched eyelights, and unhealthily yellow teeth dripping a cherry red substance.

Though the suspiciously colored liquid was a mystery, Killer would bet good money on their tooth coloring being caused by sugary goods similar to the partially unwrapped chocolate bar clutched in their hand.

Using their free one, they gestured to themself as if to say, "Who? Me?"

The target-souled skeleton nodded.

They blinked, a hint of surprise visible in their expression. "Re-ally? I e-expect this t-t-type of-of idiocy from-om the squid a-and Dream, b-but cer-tainly not you-you."

"What do you me-"

Killer's words got cut off as the designated party room's doors flew open, allowing Nightmare to stride into the space. In his gooey hands laid an orange, Halloween-themed bowl filled to the brim with candy.

"Boys, I-" The dark lord started. His entire body froze when his single eyelight landed on the mysterious skeleton. "Genocide! What are you doing here?!"

The newly proclaimed "Genocide" calmly nibbled on their chocolate, raising an invisible brow. "H-huh... It-it seems t-t-the ap-ple doesn't f-fall too far fr-from the t-t-tree, n-now does it-it?"