Inktober Shorts (17) - Ultimate Dad Move

Summary: Yes! Channel the power, Nightmare!

(Warning: This story contains mild swearing

(Warning: This story contains mild swearing.)

Nightmare and his followers trudged onward through tall, dense pine trees and knee-high snow, course set for Snowdin

Nightmare and his followers trudged onward through tall, dense pine trees and knee-high snow, course set for Snowdin. I.e., the second most sparsely populated location in the Underground and the perfect place to snag some supplies (healing items, food, etc.) with minimal resistance.

Though, the journey there was proving to be far more difficult than the dark lord initially imagined.

Despite striving for the element of surprise, his boys seemed to want the exact opposite. Especially Killer and Horror. He barely resisted the urge to rub his temple to stave off the headache forming there while he listened to their bickering.

"Get yer hand... outta my skull, Killer!" Horror said, borderline growling like a feral wolf.

"Ha, make me!" Killer jeered. However, his tone changed very quickly when he shrieked, "Did you just lick me?!"

One could practically hear the smug grin on Horror's face as he released a simple, amused, "Heh."

Which, of course, his target-souled teammate took offense to.

"Oh, you bastard!" Killer hissed.

There was a thump, then a heavy crunch in the snow followed by Dust's irritated shout, "Hey!"

Next, thuds and growls echoed from their direction. Only broken by Cross' sudden yelp and cry, "Dude, watch it!"

The noise devolved into unintelligible shouts and grunts from thereon.

Nightmare's pace slowed to a stop. All the while, his good eye socket began to twitch, and the jabbing sensation along his temple grew.

Giving an exasperated sigh, he turned.

His followers were a tangled pile of limbs flailing at each other in the snow. Angrily.

His tendrils promptly wrapped around their waists and pulled them apart.

"I swear if you four don't stop fighting this instant, I will turn this raid around!" The negativity-laden skeleton snarled, scowling.

Their skulls hung in shame. Together, they chimed morosely, "Sorry, glorious God of Terrors and Darkness."

"Ugh! And stop calling me that while you're at it." He unceremoniously dropped them face-first into the snow, stomping off toward their destination.

Behind him, a flurry of curses mixed with shuffling sounded as the four scrambled to stand and follow him.