Inktober Shorts (5) - Lunar Days: When Two Dreams Meet

Summary: Dream finds one of Nightmare's old rough drafts.

Excitement filled Dream when Ink told him he discovered a new untouched AU in the far, far outer reaches of the Multiverse

Though, it wasn't exactly what he imagined.

Once he and his two friends (Ink and Blue) stepped through its designated portal, they found themself surrounded by a lush hilly plain encompassed by a thick oak forest with a small decrepit village sitting off in the distance.

Warm oranges, yellows, pinks, and purples colored the landscape while cool greens and blues overtook the sky; certain places looked splotchy and incomplete, like mere sketches of what was supposed to be there.

Before the trio could begin exploring, a Sans-like skeleton approached them, appearing seemingly out of thin air.

They were average height (in Dream's opinion) and garbed in a green tunic, matching cape, and light grey shorts. Worryingly, however, their overly sparkly lime green eyelights faced opposite directions.

Or, as Ink would say with his immense lack of tact, "Had completely different postal codes."

"Heya, stranges!" The Sans spoke in an obnoxiously squeaky voice. "Are you lost?"

Dream smiled nervously, raising his arms as they breached his personal space. "Oh! Uh, no, I think we're fine-"

They got uncomfortably close to his face, whispering, "Let me help you."

"Eugh." The yellow-clad skeleton shuddered and put some distance between himself and the other.

Ink snorted beside him as he clutched a hand over his chest, above his beating soul, face twisted in a mix of disgust and horror. The artist then chimed, "He's just like you!"

"I am nothing like that." The Guardian of Positivity swore, warily watching the odd monster. Who, thankfully, had lost interest in him and leaned down to look at a tiny pebble hidden in the grass before scooping it into his hands.

An eerily wide smile, almost too big for the other's jaws, spread across their skull. "Hello, pretty rock! You and me are going to be best friends forever; And then I'll abandon my brother for you, and he'll never talk to me again."

Blue hummed, eyeing the creepy monster in consideration as he tapped his chin with a gloved phalange. "...I don't know. I kind of see a resemblance."

Dream frowned. "Blue, please don't joke about this."

Silence answered.

"...Please tell me you're joking."