Request: Operation F.U.N. (Part 3.2)

Sometime later (after the chaos settled), Nightmare enacted the first step in his plan: Getting Blue to set up a formal meeting for him and Homicide. Or, as the imbecile called it, a 'playdate.' Everything went smoothly. More so than anticipated. Blue said nothing about the 'playdate' to Dream; Likely content keeping it to himself or afraid of inciting another impromptu, gory bedtime story. He had half-expected the cerulean blabbermouth to burst from excitement and tell the entire Multiverse. His reputation as the vilest, most frightful creature in the Multiverse would be in ruins if such a thing came to pass. Luckily, Nightmare didn't have to worry about that at the moment. Revenge was his main priority. And, if Blue got the bright idea to go behind his back and soil his reputation- well, the Star Sans would not like the outcome. 

With that handled, now all the dark aura-ed skeleton needed to fret about was dealing with that impudent fool, Homicide. The other was the wild-card of all wild-cards, vastly unpredictable and put the 'danger' in 'dangerous.' Their meeting could go one of two ways: successful or wrong to the point Nightmare would have to fight off the other. He greatly hoped for the former. His current state handled combat poorly, and he only had so much magic to spare. (All thanks to that annoying imbecile, Dream.) Not to mention, the whole point of setting up a stupid 'playdate' was to 'befriend' Homicide and discover his weaknesses, which would be impossible if the lunatic wants to kill him. And an utter waste of Nightmare's effort if it were to fail. 

A gentle knock sounded from the direction of the door, likely Blue with his soon to be 'friend.' The Guardian of Negativity smirked. 

Time to put my ingenious plan into action.

The hellish, color-laden prison's door handle turned before a living force pushed the barrier open from the other side. Once agape, Blue and Nightmare's foe, Homicide, were revealed to be standing in hall connected to the cheery room. Homicide, from what he could tell, looked less than pleased by the situation. An expression of discontent sat on his skull- teeth turned down, eyes narrowed in Nightmare's direction. One would assume the other was angry. However, the second Guardian of Emotions knew better than to jump to conclusions. The emotions radiating from Homicide told a completely different story. Mild irritation (at Blue), curiosity, pride, and mischievousness swelled in him. 

Perfect, Nightmare thought. His own curiosity toward me will be an aid in his downfall. 

The bloody-jawed Sans cautiously stepped into the room. Promptly after beyond the threshold, Blue swiftly slammed the door shut with a near incomprehensible, "Okay, you two have fun, don't kill each other, bye!"

"Rude." Homicide grumbled.

Nightmare found that he agreed with that sentiment. The Star Sans could have stayed for a moment longer and given them a proper introduction, at the very least. But instead, he fled with his tail between his legs. 

An awkward silence fell upon the room. The two skeletons had somewhat of a stare-off, using the opportunity to inspect each other. Homicide's white eyelights bore into his bones as he continued to search for a sign of something. What that something was, Nightmare had no clue. A few uncomfortable seconds later, he decided to take a civil approach and broke the deafening quiet. "Homicide, was it?" 

The other crossed his arms and huffed. "Unfortunately. Even though I'm the first Geno, I can't have that moniker because some filthy glitch claimed it before me!" An evil grin spread across his face before he quietly added, "But he can't keep it if he is dead."

Nightmare felt his eye sockets narrow. "I think I'm starting to understand why they have you here..."

"My charm and good looks?" Homicide questioned with a cocky smirk.