Foolish, Again!

Summary: Another year, another chance to prank the Multiverse. (Sequel to "Foolish.")

Error readjusted his red scarf for a sixth time before shedding his iconic blue hoodie, replacing it with a crisp (and maybe slightly burnt from the last he wore it) lab coat

Error readjusted his red scarf for a sixth time before shedding his iconic blue hoodie, replacing it with a crisp (and maybe slightly burnt from the last he wore it) lab coat. A key element used to pull together his dastardly disguise as one of the more tolerable Sanses in the Multiverse. In addition, he completed some minor code edits to change his well-known shades to the "natural" skeleton white color to give a little extra realism to the whole Geno disguise.

A one-way portal displaying a body-length mirror appeared a foot in front of him. Mismatched eyelights roamed the familiar yet foreign reflection, causing the faux Aftertale Sans to nod in approval at the sight. Though not nearly as breathtakingly handsome as his natural form, Error could dub his guise adequate. His eyelights scaled the reflection from top to bottom again. Make that partially adequate.

A slight shuffling from behind caught the dark-boned skeleton's attention and prompted him to turn toward the slightly static-y sounding source.

In the Anti-Void's ever-present vastness, another code-mangled monster added finishing touches to their own specific Sans disguise. The glitch looked near identical to the bubbly, blue abomination running around with the Star Sanses. Emphasis on "near." Unfortunately, Blueberror could not entirely hide his yellow, star-shaped facial markings. Or he was too attached to the four five-pointed shapes to get rid of them. They had become a pale, almost white yellow hue instead of vanishing like Error's vibrant blue tear tracks.

Aside from that tiny detail, both skeletons wore finished costumes that were more than ready to trick the entire Multiverse and add a special touch to the April 1st shenanigans; mass deception.

Time to drag some reputations through the mud, Error thought when his partner in crime approached.

"Ready-dy?" Blueberror chirped, straightening his disguise's light blue bandana.

"I-I was bo-born ready-y." Snapping his phalanges, he opened a rectangular portal to a sunny, seaside city with cheery monsters and humans bustling about the streets. The destroyer directed a sinister grin towards the unwitting inhabitants, cackling. "Let's cause-cause s-some chaos!"

As the glitch duo's anarchy began, a soul - or, more accurately, a soulless being - sensed a great disturbance in the f̶o̶r̶c̶e̶  AUs.

Ink, who was staking out his own house to prevent a repeat of last year's toilet paper incident, jumped down from his "inconspicuous" hiding spot in a nearby tree, frowning at the sharp pain plaguing his chest. Though it might have been a cause for excitement last year, the unpleasant sting brought a sense of dread.

Sure, fighting Error or any other villainous characters promised to be a thousand times more fun than watching an inanimate building- But would leaving be worth it? The previous year, someone repainted every single area in his house white and moved all his furnishings - even the shower and sinks - onto the ceiling(s) of their respective room after the artist had left. Plus, he still couldn't find the ear-grating grandfather clock that the culprit somehow put in a wall somewhere. Or was it underground? That may explain why neither Dream, Blue, or himself found it yet.