Chapter Twenty-Four: Spa Day - It's Vacay Time!

A special thanks to @YaraGuerreiraMagica2 for the amazing cover for my book, which I finally decided to change together with the addition of this new chapter. At first I was going to do a poll on which one of her covers you guys like best but I decided to just decide it by myself because I'm that selfish. The second cover that Yara made will be revealed some time when things start to get dark and complicated so stay tuned.

Also before I forget, Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year 2021 everybody! Thank you for sticking with me this year and I hope to exceed your expectations in the upcoming year.

~from your selfish author. Cheers!

"When is it ever?" I was greeted by Man Tian's sarcasm. I rolled my eyes at her words "You did call" "Of course I did, there's a plan" Man Tian finally spilled the beans. "Oh?" "And I don't like it" was what came out of her.

"You don't have to, does the plan have anything to do with the needles?" I confirmed. "You guessed it right, it's either that or he kills her; he's targeting Hua Qian Gu when the Superior Immortal leaves for Sect Leader Wen's birthday feast" Man Tian informed me. "Tomorrow" I muttered out in realization. "That's right, honestly it's a cowardly move, he's trying to get rid of Hua Qian Gu simply because he thinks you're stronger than him-"

"What? I am stronger than him, he lost against me remember?!" "Anyway" Man Tian ignored my interruption "Yu Shang Piao knows that he can't handle you so he's trying to take out Hua Qian Gu and let me take the place as the Superior Immortal's disciple" "Aka him" I filled in for Man Tian. "That's right, although he kept denying the fact that I caught on when it's so obvious" Man Tian snorted and flipped her hair.

"Right" There she goes again with her narcissistic-ness, I am so over it. "Anyway, watch out for when Hua Qian Gu leaves the Hall of Emotionless" Man Tian got serious again. "Alright, I'll keep a look out on it" "Great, I have to go now, I don't know when that pest is going to show up again" By pest, I think she means Yu Shang Piao.

After a quick wave, I disconnected the line. Oh boy, talk about drama; usually for girls my age, getting into Julliard and all I should be worried about getting noticed by scouts and not making the grade. But here I am having to worry about who's killing who and getting married too early. I think this is the part where people say 'Life has an odd sense of humor.'

The next day, Bai Zi Hua left for Sect Leader Wen's birthday feast as scheduled which leaves me and Qian Gu alone at the Hall of Emotionless. Not that I cared much anyways, I have a million things to do around here. And speaking of a million things, while I was – um, practicing my vocal powers like Bai Zi Hua instructed, I had an unexpected but totally expected guest.

'Oh, Sing Sweet Nightingale' from 'Cinderella'

"Oh sing sweet nightingale
Sing sweet nightingale
High above me

Oh sing sweet nightingale
Sing sweet nightingale

High above"

A bird flew onto my welcoming finger as I sang before flying away again.

"Sing sweet nightingale
Sing sweet nightingale"

The bird that flew away joined the other birds on the balcony and the roof near me. More and more came as I continued to sing. Of course I'm not just out here tempting these birds just to practice my powers, all my actions have a reason and right now I need a spy for Hua Qian Gu's whereabouts since she may be stepping into a few dangerous situations soon.

"Oh sing sweet nightingale
Sing sweet
Oh sing sweet nightingale
Sing"

As more birds gathered around me, I saw Senior brother Li Meng approaching from the corner of my eye. "May I help you Senior brother Li Meng?" I called without looking at the man who's acting suspiciously feminine at the moment. It's probably who I think it is "When they spoke about your powers little one, I knew they were interesting but indeed this is something else" the man spoke with a familiar tone and accent I know so well. Letting a small smile show on my face, I continued my previous work before accepting Ma Ke's approach.