Chapter Twenty-Nine: Jealousy Train

For some odd reason, when Meng Xuan Lang came we all had to stand in attention as Shiyi sat down on the high pedestal. I get that Shiyi get to sit there because he's the head of us, but for the rest of us, why? Meng Xuan Lang looked left and right at the manor before he suddenly said "How can someone live in a place like this?" Excuse me?

"This place is so small! And the air doesn't flow well! Everything is missing here except for mosquitoes" Oh my, this little king, I don't think it's polite to say something like that to someone else's home. "Ariel, you should just go back with me to stay in the palace! The palace is nice and big, and the environment is good. Besides, I especially prepared a room for you. You'll definitely like it" Meng Xuan Lang suddenly got into my face. His idea is glamorous and all, and Qing Shui is nodding her head off beside me like a bobblehead, but I had a different thought.

With a sigh, I started "Your Majesty-" "Just call me Meng Xuan Lang like you usually do" Meng Xuan Lang interrupted. "Your Majesty" I spoke firmly as I glared at him "As much as how honorable your invitation is, I would have to inform you that we are currently not on vacation and therefore, it is not appropriate for us to accept your invitation" I looked over at Shiyi for support and he nodded back at me in approval. With that Meng Xuan Lang turned to Dongfeng "Hurry, you have to help me convince junior sister Ariel for her to go stay in the palace with me!"

"That..." Dongfeng looked over at me and I shook my head back at him with a frown to hint him 'no'. "His Majesty is right, the palace is many times better than here. But your Majesty, if Ariel had come on vacation then the palace would be perfect. But Ariel came to get practice this time! Staying in the palace might not be very good." Dongfeng supported my words. Great going Dongfeng.

"Why wouldn't it be good? The palace is so great and big"

"It's because it's too big and too great that it's not good, I mean even for you your Majesty, remember when that thing happened?"

"You! You're too narrow-minded"

Seriously, these children.

"We all know that during training, the biggest obstructions are the desires of the heart. Nothing is missing in the palace, wouldn't that assist your training?" Meng Xuan Lang argued his piece. Hmm, you know, that sounded so right yet so wrong. Nevertheless, Qing Shui, the current bobblehead, was already on board with the idea "That's too well said" "Ariel, what are you hesitating about? Just stay in the palace!" Qing Shui was almost begging me to change my mind, making me join in their bobblehead party.

"I want to go see the palace as well" Yin Shang Piao chimed in, pulling everyone else to agree with him. "Yes!" Which worked, ugh. "Yeah sister, I also want to see how the palace looks like! Can we? Please?!" Seriously Qian Gu, even you? "I don't agree! There's lots of problems in the palace, and it's not easy to go in and out. It's more free here. Shou Feng, am I right?" Man Tian objected and thank goodness that she did, finally, someone with some real brain work.

I gave her a nod and Man Tian returned one to me, holding her head up high. When I made eye contact with Shou Feng I nodded to him, telling him to agree on Man Tian's words. Shou Feng let a slight amused look show on his face before he answered "I don't really care, you guys can do as you wish" Well, so much for getting his help I guess. "How can you not care? Of course the palace is better! What do you say?" Although that blew Qing Shui's top, so...not bad?

"Of course I choose the palace"

"It's too much of a pain to move back and forth!"

"That's right!"

"I still think living in the palace is better"

"That's right!"

"That's right! The palace is better!"