Chapter Twenty-Seven : Girl Talk

"So how are things?" Man Tian asked me during one of our calls. "Surprisingly peaceful, actually" I answered back in wonder. "Really? That's a surprise" Man Tian commented. "Yea-wait what? What do you mean?" I asked her, caught off guard.

"I mean, according to what you tell me usually there's always something happening there. Like Qian Gu getting scolded again for millions of reasons, the Superior Immortal grilling you or the love triangle with Superior Immortal Xia Zixun" Man Tian explained. Well, she's not wrong, we're in a drama and I'm with the leads so there's always something dramatic going on, except-"Well, first of all, Bai Zi Hua does not grill me, I grill him! Second-" "He does grill you" "No he doesn't, quit being so judgmental, second-"

"You did not just call me judgmental" "Shut up, not the point. Second....now that you mentioned it, things are pretty weird" I told her. "See? Like what?" Man Tian asked in curiosity. "Like, they are less interactive than before..?" I thought out loud. "You're not sure?" Man Tian raised a brow. "Well, the thing is-" I explained as I thought back on the weird things I saw last week.

While I was on my way to lunch, I saw Qian Gu going to Bai Zi Hua's room. I saw her knock on the door but apparently he wasn't in so she just left. I guess if you say that's just another coincidence then I would totally agree, if I didn't see the incidents the following days. While sword training, I saw another odd scene.

Bai Zi Hua came walking from one side and Qian Gu came walking from the other. Suddenly, Bai Zi Hua saw Qian Gu walking and he halted so fast that he tripped and fell. The next second he scrambled up quickly and ran or crawled back the way he came from before Qian Gu could see him. The minute I saw that comedic scene, I thought 'What the actual hell?'

Also, just yesterday, I saw Bai Zi Hua sitting on the stone chair in the garden, he was spaced out and smiling creepily with the toy Qian Gu made in his hand. Now that I think about it again, I'm getting goosebumps. "Well, that is pretty weird, maybe the love story you've been waiting for is finally starting" Man Tian said at the end of my explanation. "Maybe..." I trailed off, actually I have another thought about that.

"What? Unless you think it's because of something else?" Man Tian questioned my hesitation. "Actually..." So I ended up telling her about the whole profound observation incident. "Oh. My. God." Was the literal reaction of Man Tian. "Yeah" I agreed with her. "And you knew this was going to happen, yes?" Man Tian thought out loud.

"Well...-" "Yes or no?!" "Yeah...but in my defense, I totally forgot about it!" I defended myself. "What impeccable timing" Man Tian commented sarcastically. "Right" I lost.

"So how was it?" was what Man Tian asked me after a moment of silence. "What do you mean 'how was it'?!" I asked back, disturbed. "You know" Man Tian gestured with her hands "Everything" I gave her a disgusted look "Oh my god, you perverted girl"

"Hey!" Man Tian shouted in her defense "It's not my fault that the Immortal Superior is so beautiful that it makes a girl curious about the rest of his beauty!" "Yes it is, if we were talking about Dongfeng or that leader of the Seven Murder Faction then I would totally agree but seriously, Bai Zi Hua?" I reasoned back. "That's because Dongfeng is your man! And who's the leader of the Seven Murder Faction?" Man Tian asked mid argument. "There is this guy, I'll introduce him to you later"

"Ok, great. Anyway, you just can't see the Immortal Superior's beauty because you hate him" Man Tian reasoned. "Fine! But if the Immortal Superior is that beautiful, what about Shou Feng then?" I asked her with a smirk. Truly, I pressed the right button because Man Tian was left speechless.

A moment of silence passed by, until "A-Anyway, so how was it?" and we are back to the topic. I let out a groan before I told her "Don't know, we only saw his back and I shut my eyes the second I recognized what I was seeing, then Qian Gu lost concentration" Man Tian let out a sigh and let out a weak sarcastic "Way to go" "So, does Superior Immortal Xia Zixun not come anymore?" Man Tian switched gossip topics. "Oh don't get me started" I rolled my eyes.