Chapter Thirty-Five: Once Upon a Time, I Died

Unknown to me, Mother Nature's hairpin in my hair suddenly glowed, I was cushioned to the ground by air I did not summon. "Child, wake up. Get a hold of yourself, your fight is not over yet" A gentle woman's voice I didn't recognize woke me up. But she's right, I can't be weak right now. I have to-there are things I must take care of right now!

I forced my eyes to open. My sight was still blurry. my body felt so weak and heavy due to the poison, but I forced myself to quickly take note of my surroundings. As I was struggling to even sit, in front of me stood a woman in blue. Who?

"Little girl, you sure are stubborn. My poison is pretty special, yet you're still not dead. Why not give up now already, you're going to die either way" The woman in blue spoke. I recognize that voice "You, you're that woman with Brows" "So you do know me" The woman spoke slyly. "I thought you were after Qian Gu" I tried to buy time as I struggled to get up.

"Oh her? Yes, Custodian of the Law finds her annoying too. But my target right now, is you" The woman explained "I'm going to get rid of you so that you can't get in the way of Custodian of the Law anymore" "Is that so?" I slowly got myself to get up. I smirked at the blurry blue woman "But, guess what? I'll bet you have no idea who you're dealing with" "I won't need to" The blue woman scoffed back at me "Because you'll be dead!"

The woman pushed towards me with her claw-like hands, aiming for my neck. When her hands got close, I could finally see more clearly. I slapped off her hands then pushed at her stomach with my remaining energy, leaving her flying away from me. While she got up from a not so far distance, I took this chance to take a breath in and clear my head a little. Not that it helped much since I still had the poison in my system.

"I told you, you have no idea who you're dealing with" I said with confidence as I watched the blue woman having difficulty getting up from my push "Now, why don't you tell me how I'm getting in the way of your 'Custodian of the Law'?" "You! You keep messing with the Custodian of the Law's plans! Do you think you can get away with it so easily?! Don't make me laugh, girlie! You-!" The blue woman shouted in frustration. "I'll kill you!" When she got her footing, the blue woman charged at me again with her claws stretched out at me. My sight may be blurry, but I still have my senses and the training from Chang Liu to keep me going.

Just as the blue woman charged at me, I quickly retreated to the side and avoided the blue cannon ball. "Oops!" I quickly turned and avoided the tongue that was coming from behind me. "You can't be serious. I'm a student training in Chang Liu, did you really think you can take me out with just a tongue?" I stopped and mocked at the blue woman standing further away in front of me. "You think you're so smart?" She sarcastically called.

"I thank you for the compliment" I smirked back at her. "Or maybe, not so smart at all!" She lunged for me again. I thought I had it smart. That despite being poisoned yet still being able to fight, I was able to hold back well in my vulnerable state. I thought I was doing well, until- I felt my neck being tightened.

The blue woman pulled me off my feet and towards her with her tongue tight on my neck. Shit! When I got close enough, I blasted off, using her stomach as a leverage and made her let go of me. The moment she was thrown by the force of my hand, I was also thrown to the opposite side myself.

That force was all I had left of me. As soon as my vision cleared from the impact, I moved away from her as much as I could. Even that was a hard job for me right now, because all I could do was slide my heavy body away from her. I can't even find the strength to get up anymore.

As I slid myself backwards carefully, the blue woman slowly and clumsily got up. It was only when she stood up fully that we both realized the amount of damage I had done. Holy-oh my god! The woman had a canon-sized hole in the middle of stomach, so wide you could see the other side! It was 'Death Becomes Her' at the fountain scene all over again! My eyes widened; how can she even stand up right now?!