Chapter Thirty-Three: Preparing for Battle

The moment I summoned him, Yun Yi formed in front of me with the wind current. Once he realized that he was in front of me, Yun Yi got down on one knee and bowed his head in respect "Mistress, you summoned me" I couldn't help the smirk that pulled on my lips at his gesture. I really could get used to this treatment.

"I see you came to terms with being my person" I lightly commented. However, Yun Yi remained silent. With his personality, it's about time he talked back to me at least a bit though. Perhaps I did scare him quite a bit last time. "What's wrong?" I asked.

Since his head was bowed to me, I couldn't see his face. Well, I can't see his face either way with that metal mask, but at least I can usually sense things from his eyes. "You are so cold mistress" Yun Yi answered, "After you released me and made me your spy, you didn't call me once until now" What the – and here I thought what that was about. "You're the one who was unwilling to become my spy, don't you remember?" I asked him back cheekily.

"Still" Yun Yi insisted, he was acting like a kicked puppy being ignored. "Even though you insist, I am still uninterested to take the energy to call upon a person who is unwilling to serve me" I told him honestly, taking advantage of the situation especially since he sounds so willing to please me. "No, mistress. I will do my best to serve you from now on" Yun Yi promised. "Fine then, if that is what you intend to do. I hope you live up to your promise" I ended with a hiss and I saw Yun Yi closed his eyes as he visibly trembled a bit.

"Anyway, the reason I called is because I've got a job for you" I got back to the topic at hand. "Your wish is my command, mistress" Yun Yi replied. Ooh, I wonder where he learnt to talk all fancy now, so different from the last time I saw him. "Here" I handed him the vine cage.

Yun Yi took the cage without looking but when he did, he let out a surprised gasp "This is-!" "Your past" I finished his sentence coldly "Should anyone find out about this or if I find out that you did not take care of him as he deserved to be treated, bear in mind that this will also be your future" "Y-Yes, mistress" Yun Yi once again bowed to me.

"Do not mind too much though" I let out a sigh "After all, he is but my prisoner. Just make sure he is alive enough to obey my orders" "Understood, mistress" Yun Yi replied. "By the way, should you see me in Tai Bai Mountain and have any reason to interact with me" I instructed him "Don't" "Understood, mistress" Yun Yi replied once again.

"That'll be all. You may leave" I dismissed. Yun Yi once again bowed before he stood up with the vine cage in hand. I could see from Yun Yi's hand that Yin Shang Piao watched the whole interaction between Yun Yi and me wide-eyed, surprised and confused at the relation between us. "Please summon me once again to be at your service, mistress" Yun Yi bowed again before he let the wind carry him away again at my command.

Phew, that's one job done. Now, let's go join the others and see how far the drama has gotten. When I got back to the forest, I found everyone gathered around the fake Yin Shang Piao corpse I made. "Why are you all gathering around for?" I asked fiend confused. "Aiya! Where have you been?! We found out that Yin Shang Piao was actually a spy!" Qing Shui filled me in as the attention of everyone fell on me. "Bathroom break?" I smiled back at them innocently.

When morning came, we all set off to Tai Bai Mountain again now that Qian Gu has rejoined us. However, the fact that Qian Gu and Shiyi were not happy about the death of Yin Shang Piao was the understatement of the century. The mood of the group said it all, we were all on eggshells thanks to Shiyi and Qian Gu. Man Tian also tried to stay in the clear as much as possible to point that she was following from the end of the group with Shou Feng, who accompanied her. Ugh, I feel more tired than usual all of a sudden.