Chapter Twenty-Five: Call Me Heroine!

On my way back to the Emotionless Hall, I was just in time to see the scene of the conflict "You've been the Sect Leader's disciple for so long, how are you still so naïve? So different from Ariel, does Honorable Superior not find you embarrassing?" Man Tian provoked Qian Gu. Huh? Why is Man Tian pulling me into this? I thought I told her about how important plot changes are! "What do you want?" Qian Gu asked, trying to be as brave as possible.

"Since you've become Honorable Superior's disciple you must have learned a lot, we want to have a little competition with you, we want to see if everyone's power has increased" Yu Shang Piao answered acting all civil. Oh gosh, the pain of wanting to roll my eyes when I know a bad villain is pretending to get the citizen of the year award. "That's right, we just want to have a little battle of swords with you, are you willing to accept?" Man Tian challenged. "Man Tian, why must you be like this? Must we continue fighting like this?" Qian Gu asked back, looking accused.

Ok, hold up White Lotus, it's just a challenge why the drama? I mean, this is supposed to be a friendly skill test right? But then again, as a bullied person from various people just because she's the female lead does make a girl panic whenever she's stopped on the way, out of nowhere by random people without an appointment. Yeah, now that I think of it that way I totally understand her, just thinking about it gives me the shivers – like waiting for flying arrows to come my way.

"So what if we must? It's already started so we must continue, are you afraid?" Man Tian provoked. Ooh! And we're back to the original plotline just like we rehearsed! And she's good! I dare say, if Man Tian applied for Julliard she'll definitely rock the acting department. Qian Gu tried to walk away but then Man Tian pulled her back by the arm "You're not allowed to leave! You still want to leave?" Yeah! You go girl! Work it!

At that moment I saw Yu Shang Piao throw the needles at Hua Qian Gu. Qian Gu turned to the spot where the needles hit her but she didn't know what happened, only that it distracted her from Man Tian who pushed her against the tree. Ok, looks like it's my turn now. Let's play heroine! While Man Tian was getting ready to hit Qian Gu again, I ran in between them "Stop! What do you think you're doing?!" I yelled with my arms stretched, facing Man Tian.

At the same time, Shou Feng came from my other side and yelled "Stop it!" Man Tian's movement stopped from our interruption and while everyone calmed down to assess the sudden change of situation, Sho Feng took the chance to ask "What do you want?" "You didn't see it? I am just trying out my martial arts with little senior uncle" Man Tian answered back calmly like what happened just now was totally normal. "This is called trying out your martial arts?" Shou Feng asked back like he didn't believe her but Man Tian just turned her face away with a smirk, looking all-villain-like.

"Little senior uncle surely lives up to her name. Even if it's one against two, you throw us into a mess. If Shou Feng and senior Ariel didn't appear, the outcome would have been disastrous" Yu Shang Piao responded back mockingly. "Such a shame that we have to call you Senior, you are so useless! Honorable Superior's reputation has been ruined by you!" Man Tian added to the act with a bit more direct insults. "What do you mean? What has my defeat got to do with –" Qian Gu retorted but I put up a hand to stop her. "And your actions? Do you think that just because you ambush Qian Gu while teacher isn't here, he won't know what you do?" I challenged them back. A twinkle came from Man Tian's eyes when I said the word 'teacher', ugh she's never going to let me live this down.

"Oh? So you're going to be the busybody to report this to the Honorable Superior? How sweet, taking care of her fellow sister" Man Tian mocked but of course I don't plan on holding back on my acting either. "Sweet is when you both realize that I won't need to take the trouble to tell teacher about how you both are bulling Qian Gu. I hope you both still remember how much nature favors me" I let them all know sweetly. Shou Feng looked at me with slight confusion in his eyes despite his emotionless face while Yu Shang Piao's eyes went wide and turned to Man Tian, who is acting the emotion of 'oh shit' at the moment. "Sister" Qian Gu pulled at my sleeve but I shushed her, I need to focus here.