Chapter Fifteen: Two Enemies? Not So Much

Everyone was so excited about the Immortal Swords General Assembly that it's all they talk about "So who do you think will win?" Qian Gu asked me. "Oh who cares what I think" I absentmindedly answered as I finished my breakfast. "Oh come on, make a guess" Qing Shui urged me. "Yeah, and we can bet together" the betting friends yelled over to me.

"I think" I started "Yeah?" Meng Xuan Lang got closer as he and everyone anticipated for what I was going to say. "I think I'll win!" I yelled out my prediction and everyone burst out laughing in a 'yeah right' way. "Oh come on, a girl can dream!" I defended myself.

"You overestimate yourself" Man Tian commented in mockery. "What's that supposed to mean? Don't tell me you think you will win right?" I mocked her back. Ok guys, the thing is to find out any bad blood that I know is going to appear soon, we're pretending that we still hate each other to trap them since that was how they came up anyway. "I believe in you though" Meng Xuan Lang said all of a sudden and when I look up, is it just me or is he making goo goo eyes at me?

"Thanks" I tried to take it politely as I could, he's cute but he's Qing Shui's, so best not to touch him as possible, Man Tian made a scene to storm off at that moment, good show but, it looks like she left food I should bring her some after. Wait, was that-looks like we have a target, the plan worked. I met with Man Tian back in her room before class, I brought her food and she literally wolf down on it "So much for drama huh?" "I had to make a statement" she argued back.

"Well, thanks to your statement, we have our guy" "Really? Who?" "It's Yin Shang Piao" "But he's a quiet one" "Yeah, quiet ones are the more dangerous ones, look out for it he might approach you" "Yeah, I predicted as much"

"Oh come on Qian Gu, just this once" that was Qing Shui, by the looks of it it's the scene where Qing Shui ask Qian Gu to send the scent pouch to Meng Xuan Lang in her place where another odd issue started, better avoid that kind of thing. I tried to sneak past their room but "Ah! Ariel, perfect timing" Qing Shui ran to me, uh oh. "Oh, what is it?" I smiled at her. "Can you help me send this to Brother Lang?"

Ugh, I knew it "Don't you want to give it to him yourself?" I tried negotiating with her. "No, I'm embarrassed, please I'm begging you, Qian Gu won't help me" I looked over at the said girl and she gave me a helpless look. "You like him don't you? At least pick up the courage to give it to him yourself" "Please" she gave me the puppy look and I was gone right there.

"You're an idiot, you know that right?" Man Tian scolded me the next night the mess finally occurred and it was around me. "I know, I did try to avoid it but who knew that boy was full of hormones and imaginations" "Or maybe you're too soft" "Back at you sister, back at you"

The thing is, the whole scent situation blew up; I sent the scent pouch to Meng Xuan Lang just like Qing Shui requested, actually I let the wind do the work and sent it to his bed, that was supposed to be the end. But at the next practice section, "Ariel, let's practice sword techniques together" Meng Xuan Lang came and invited me, I knew something was odd but all I said was "Sure" The whole time we were practicing, I can see that he was not into it but it didn't bother with my practice so I said nothing but then, he lost concentration. Qing Shui ran over like I just killed him, I mean relax it's a wooden sword girl I'll need to have a real kill intent to kill with a wooden sword but you just can't find reason with a love-sick girl when it comes to hurting her man.

"Meng Xuan Lang, what's going on? You're clearly not concentrating, that was an easy dodge" I kinda snapped but he acted like it was nothing wrong and suggested that we continue but then Man Tian interrupted "Yesterday, I heard that you invited Ariel to the back of mountains to practice sword techniques" I know right, does he even realize how bothered I felt about that? He could've invited Qing Shui or Qian Gu but no~, it had to be me. "Do you want to win the Immortal Sword General Assembly or do you just like Ariel?" I think Man Tian actually spiced that up either on purpose or to make things go faster.