Chapter Thirty: I'm Sorry....

When we arrive at the palace, Meng Xuan Lang was whining his head off. I watched as General Lie, who stood nervously beside me and Dongfeng, on my other side fussed with the help of Qian Gu as Meng Xuan Lang wiggled on his bed. "So tell me, what exactly happened to his Majesty?" I asked. "Ah yes, it seems his Majesty's old illness is back" General Lie responded to me politely.

"I thought I sent Qing Shui to the palace, was she not any help?" I asked back. Hearing this, Meng Xuan Lang sprung up "What? You're the one who sent Qing Shui, ah-" "Your Majesty!" Dongfeng caught Meng Xuan Lang before he fell back on the bed. "It can't be helped, I was busy" I told Meng Xuan Lang, who gave me a look of betrayal.

"Sister, don't be so harsh on brother Meng, after all, he is sick right now" Qian Gu advised. I let out a sigh "So where is Qing Shui now?" I asked General Lie. Before General Lie could utter a word, Qing Shui ran into the room, into Qian Gu and my arms "Ariel! Qian Gu!" "Qing Shui! What happened?" Qian Gu asked as we both hugged Qing Shui back.

"What happened here Qing Shui?" I asked calmly. "Ariel, Qian Gu!" Qing Shui looked up at us with tears in her eyes. "What's wrong?" I asked her. "Brother Meng. Brother Meng, he..." Qing Shui started.

"What is it?" Qian Gu continued to ask her. "Brother Meng said he got sick because of me!" Qing Shui started to cry after saying her piece. While Qian Gu comforted her, I looked over at Meng Xuan Lang to see him a little sheepish, now he's feeling guilty. Great, now that things are like this what am I supposed to do?

Obviously, I can't get things done like how Qian Gu did since the situation is also different. Looks like I'll have to take care of things my way. "Why don't you all step outside so that I can take his Majesty's pulse freely. His Majesty will also need air and there are too many people in here" I started to file people out of the room, signaling Qian Gu in the process to help me out.

"But-" Qing Shui protested but was interrupted by General Lie who happily said "What Miss Ariel said is right, we should go outside so that his Majesty can rest and Miss Ariel can treat his Majesty without any of us getting in the way" "But, I won't disturb-" "That's right sister, let's all go outside for a bit okay?" Qian Gu, who took the signal pushed the reluctant Qing Shui out of the room followed by Dongfeng and General Lie. Just as I was about to shut the door, Dongfeng turned to me "Ariel, I-"

"Don't worry, it'll just be a bit" I reassured Dongfeng with a smile. "Call me if you need anything" Dongfeng instructed. "Always" I gave what I think should be a reassuring smile to Dongfeng's worried expression. After shutting the door, silence filled the room.

No one spoke a word as Meng Xuan Lang tried to access his new situation and I continued to observe what was going on in that royal head of his. Meng Xuan Lang made the first move as he continued his whining about his pain. "Quit the act already your Majesty, everyone is already gone. It's just you and me here, there's nothing you need to hide" I told him, a smirk pulling on my face when Meng Xuan Lang's face went from fake pain to surprise.

"Ariel, I-" "Now, let's take your pulse shall we?" I took a seat beside Meng Xuan Lang and took his pulse not letting him talk. "Ariel, the thing is I-" Meng Xuan Lang tried to speak as his face went redder by the minute, probably because I was holding his hand. "Shh, you shouldn't speak during the examination" I shushed him as I checked just in case his illness was up to some point real. But luckily he's fine.

Great, now I have nothing to worry about to not take his acting seriously. "Ariel, are you mad?" Meng Xuan Lang asked nervously since I was silent. My reasoning for my silence was purely to examine him carefully and think through for this situation but I guess he took it in a different way. Not that he's wrong though because I don't really like the whole acting to get attention but I'm more concerned about his behavior against Qing Shui.