Chapter Ten: The Good Idea

Yep, it was the famous Lord Strange-I mean, Dongfang Yu Qing, he has a talent for entrances. "I have a way that will let Qian Gu defeat Taoist Qing Yang" "Dongfang!" I smiled and ran to him for a hug, ok literally threw myself at him for a hug, my self-control is completely gone now that he disappeared on me for so long. When I finally released him, he was all dazed and stuff until I asked him "Why are you here?"

"Did you receive the letter I wrote to you?" He asked me back, ignoring my question. "I received it but how could you leave that day you heartless man!" I scolded him, reminded of my loneliness back then. "Sorry Ariel, that day I left without goodbye-"He tried to apologize but I interrupted him "You sure did, and so much for wanting to marry me!" "I'm sorry, so sorry" He apologized to me with his hands together and a mini bow at me. I crossed my arms and told him "There better not be a next time!"

"Of course, of course" he smiled apologetically at me; there is going to be a next time isn't it? "Anyway, I haven't seen you in so long, let me take a look at you to see if you've changed" he said as he walked in a circle and looked at me. He took my height and told me "I think you've grown taller" "Well I can't grow shorter" I snapped back at him.

With that he took both of my hands "Alright now, don't be mad anymore, I told you I'm sorry, I won't do it again anymore, I promise ok?" "Whatever, you better keep your promise; anyway, why have you come to Mountain Zu?" I wiggled out of his hold and changed the subject. "I know that you're succeeding the position of Mountain Zu Sect Leader so I hurried over" he sure knows a lot of things, enough to be suspicious even from a normal totally un-expecting person. Then, Yun Yin came over to us so I introduced the both of them "Dongfang, this is Yun Yin, the person that I've been looking for, Taoist Qing Xu's first disciple and Yun Yin, this is Dongfang Yu Qing"

They greeted each other then they started to talk about the 'way' that Dongfang was speaking of earlier. "I read in an old book a way of practicing asceticism, it can increase your inner power in a short amount of time but, there is a drawback of this method. Because it only lasts for a short amount of time so you need to end the fight quickly. However, if the fight lasts too long, it won't last" Dongfang explained. "Thanks Dongfang, but this time, I have a different idea" I refused his offer. "You do? But Sect Leader, I think it's better if you try Dongfang's way" Yun Yin persuaded me.

I frowned at his words "Yun Yin, is this your way of expressing that you do not trust your Sect Leader?" Hearing my words Yun Yin quickly did a mini bow "No, no it's not like that Sect Leader I completely trust you, it's just that this time is very important that I'm afraid for failure" Yun Yin explained. "It's alright Yun Yin, but trust me on this, I have a really good idea of my own" I told him confidently. Then I turned to Dongfang "I'm sorry Dongfang, you're idea is indeed excellent but trust me on this one and thank you so much for coming to my aid like this"

"It's alright Ariel, but what is this good idea you speak of?" Dongfang asked me back in curiosity. "That you will have to wait until tomorrow" I answered back to him with a smile then turned to Yun Yin "Yun Yin, help me practice some more" Yun Yin and Dongfang exchanged a silent conversation, Dongfang gave a nod to Yun Yin to which he reflected, what's with these guys? I feel out casted.

Yun Yin and I started sparring again; Yun Yin corrected me on any wrong steps of mine from time to time while Dongfang watched us practice. But of course my hands got hurt from practicing too much so we had to end the practice and let Dongfang patch me up. "What is it?" I asked Dongfang after his multiple looks at me. "What?" he asked with a dazed look.

I raised a brow at him and he looked down like I just caught him stealing cookies "Nothing" then looked away "The... medicine is cooked" What's wrong with him? "I'll get it for you" I got up to get his medicine because apparently this scholar with a brain too big for his own good is rather weak.