Chapter Seven: Rocking Out!

Night definitely comes faster when you have too much stuff to do. Tonight I decided to call Father Time since I have too many questions for him. "Speak child" Father Time appeared in front of me, looking just the same as the last times I saw him. "Why don't you tell me Father? I have too many things to ask but I just don't know how to anymore"

"Why don't you tell me what happened?" Father Time urged me. "You know what happened, why must you make me voice them out?" I urged him back. Father Time sighed "I gave you a hairpin as a sign that you have the favor of Mother Nature" "Yeah" I interrupted.

"It means" Father Time continued on "That you have the protection and powers from Mother Nature" "So?" I asked back. "What are Mother Nature's powers?" Father Time quizzed me. "The four elements" I answered back.

"And they are?" "Water, earth, fire and wind" I answered. Where is this conversation going? "Don't you understand child?" Understand what?

"The earth is Mother Nature's domain, the four elements are her main powers but everything that came from earth has her touch to it" Father Time explained. "You mean to say that because I'm under Mother Nature's protection; all the natural elements are serving me?" I asked back. "Yes" "The incident with the water, the weight of the sword, the commands to the plants, everything?" "Yes" But then something got on my mind.

"What about the flying sword today? Was that my doing or the element?" This time I really want it to be my power. "It was not the element" Father Time answered back. "You've always had some power in you, that's why I was able to give you the power of song, the elements may be able to serve you but that's the very extent of it, child. The rest is up to you" and with that Father Time disappeared and time was resumed once again.

I'm telling you, I think Father Time can read my mind, I haven't even said anything about finishing everything I wanted to ask and he was already gone! The next few days was spent on classes and everything happened as the drama until one evening at dinner "Stop it!" a male disciple across from me shouted in annoyance all of a sudden while eating. We all looked at him in surprise but then he turned to me and said "Everyday, you do that tapping with your finger, it's driving me insane! Just stop it!"

Uh oh, um, actually I have this habit of playing a rhythm or a beat with any free part of my body, it's one of the things taught in Julliard at my music class, and I guess this became a negative thing at this era. I looked down at my left hand and realize I have been tapping, I held my left hand with my right to my chest immediately and apologized to him "Sorry about that, it's a bad habit" "Ariel, what's with that? I also noticed, you are always tapping or humming" Huo Xi asked me, he's one of the betting siblings. "A habit I picked up?" I nervously answered back.

Where are they going with this? "I don't think so, I think you also sing" Qing Luo stated. Uh oh, I have a bad feeling about this conversation "I'll bet that if Ariel sings for us right now, you'll have to carry me for a whole week" Qing Luo bet to Huo Xi, this is exactly what I was afraid of. "Then I'll bet that if Ariel doesn't sing for us right now, you'll have to make food for me for a whole week" Huo Xi bet back.

"What makes you so sure that she'll sing for you anyway?" Man Tian retorted them back. "Because I know her secret" Qing Luo told us with a smirk. "W-What secret?" I asked back nervously, unfortunately to say Qing Luo is my roommate so there is a high chance that she found out stuff about me that others don't know. "The ultimate secret" she replied back with a sly look.

Oh no, the bad feeling "One night, I woke up in the middle of the night and I heard Ariel mumble in her sleep" she spoke as if telling a tale, and what the hell did I say in sleep?! Whatever it is, I think I better stop her "She said-""Ahhh! I'll sing, I'll sing!" So this was the bad feeling. "Damn, I have to carry her for a whole week now" Huo Xi complained in defeat. Everyone looked at me expectedly at waited for me to sing so I put the chopsticks down and closed my eyes to gather my emotions then finally let out my voice.