Chapter Sixteen: A Plan in Action Part 1/2 - The Warm (Up) Before the War

In order to keep up appearances, I avoided Man Tian when she told me her father was coming. Instead, I called for Father Time to take a look at how things are going in the side of Meng Xuan Lang. "What do you think?" "What do you mean?" I asked him back.

Because he didn't reply, I turned to Father Time which he gave me the same look Man Tian gave me when we talked about Meng Xuan Lang or Dongfeng Yu Qing. "No" I gave him a single answer and kept watching the scene with Father Time. "There's nothing wrong if you like him you know?" "What?"

He gave me the look again, ugh what is with these people? Can't I not like anyone around here? "For the last time, no, you told me I have to change history for the future so I'm doing just that, but my type is not that historical, I don't like dusty people from the history" "Alright if you say so"

"Now what's that supposed to mean?" I turned back at Father Time to give him a good glare. Leaving that aside "Looks like things are going under control, don't you think?" I asked Father Time. "Yes, but don't underestimate it, understand child?" "I know, chaos is going to start very soon and I need to be ready for it"

"Now, about that girl" "Man Tian?" Father Time nodded. I couldn't keep the fact that Man Tian knows about me and the real situation from Father Time, so I told him just so that everyone here involved knows and see that things are under control. "Are you sure she-" "I'm sure, I know Man Tian, this is for her own good, you might not see it but this will be a big part in changing history"

"Obviously" Father Time muttered under his breath but I clearly heard him "No, really Father, Man Tian was previously just a villain in everyone's eyes but Sho Feng saw the real person in Man Tian and I know she wasn't meant for that kind of future, I know Man Tian and I know she won't betray us so I want you to trust me on this" I locked eyes with Father Time to prove my point. We had a non-blinking competition for like three minutes straight until Father Time let out a sigh "Very well, let's see how things go then" to which I responded with a grin. We continued to watch the situation in the palace until I remembered something "Father Time?" "Yes?"

"You never told me about the powers from my voice" "You never asked me" I am now tired of his teasing so I tried to ignore that "So tell me" Father Time sighed like this is going to be a long talk before he really started speaking "Don't wanna" then turned his face the other way. *Sigh, somehow I knew this was coming "Anyway, the Immortal Swords General Assembly is tomorrow right? Don't think anymore and have a good rest" Father advised me as he patted me on both shoulders in encouragement, not that I'll need it anyway.

"Yeah, yeah, whatever, everything's going according to plan so don't worry about it" I assured him. "And hopefully, I won't have to get involved with the royalty mess" I turned back to the screen. Father Time was silent and I have another plan for that, really, I would like to keep the royalty mess within the royalties rather than for it to spread out like it would in its normal course and involve any outsiders but hey, life never ends the way you plan it.

The day of the Immortal Swords General Assembly finally came, everything was going as the drama. Even now, it is quite hard to believe that I'm here in the drama that I have been watching several times. Dongfeng greeted me from afar and obviously because the situation is where an unmarried woman is greeting a man in public Qian Gu and Qing Shui questioned me about it. I answered them as vaguely as I could but when I realized Qian Gu, who is supposed to be the one in my place I couldn't help but feel guilty again.

But my guilt was cut short by Yun Yin who came over to greet me "Are you doing well in Chang Liu?" "I'm fine Yun Yin, thanks for worrying again" Yun Yin smiled back then pulled out a bottle "Sect Leader, this is Mountain Zu's Revive the Soul Pellet, it is very useful in both internal and external injuries, it will definitely be useful when you are met with an urgent situation" I took it with a smile "Thanks Yun Yin"