-XXIV-

It felt like Marshall and Amber, were really in the public's eye now

It felt like Marshall and Amber, were really in the public's eye now. They were on the news, the tabloids everything. This is what she wanted to avoid, but it couldn't be helped any longer.

It felt like their security had only increased, they had to have bodyguards guarding the house more often now, and when in public they were always escorted by at least three. Although Amber wasn't too bothered by them, it appeared to really get to Marshall. It was difficult for them to have any alone time unless they were in the house.

They had the viewing in California today, and with a lot of persuasion the four of them were allowed to go with only two guards. In Ambers eyes, it seemed like a huge risk, but Marshall said it'd be fine. Recently, she'd learnt to listen to Marshall's judgment, he knew what he was doing anyway.

The Californian house looked better in person. The house was made of bricks which were a white colour, it was the sort of modern mansion you'd think of in today's day and age. They walked around it, viewing the inside as well. Rose and Hailie, were quite confused why they were here.

"Why are we here?" Rose asked Amber, looking around the house in awe. Amber looked at Marshall in reassurance, but he just nodded. She took a deep breath, "Me, you, Marshall and Hailie.. are going to be moving in together here."

Rose looked at her in surprise and horror. Amber understood that it would come as a big shock. She hadn't lived in Detroit for long anyway but she had to move again. It felt like the only good thing would be that they were all moving here together.

"But Amber, why are we moving so far away!" She shouted at her, looking at Amber with tears and anger in her eyes. It was heart breaking to see her like this, but as a mother Amber had to do what she felt was best for her family. "Look.. it will all make sense over time." She mumbled, putting her head into her hands.

Rose looked away from her sighing, "Can't you just tell me why we are moving here." For someone her age, she was being quite demanding. Amber wasn't sure if she should tell Rose and Hailie that she was pregnant. She knew Rose liked Marshall, and she could only hope that Hailie liked her, so maybe just maybe they'll support them.

"I'm having a baby." She said clearly, Marshall looking rather shocked at her telling the kids. Instead of shouting back at her, they just stopped speaking. They neither smiled nor frowned, just stopped. Then suddenly, as if they were possessed, they jumped into the air and smiled.

Marshall and Amber sighed in relief, "Im gonna have a brother or sister daddy?" Hailie exclaimed, jumping up and down too. "I hope we get a sister!" Rose exclaimed, smiling and giggling with Hailie.

Ah well, this went better then I expected..

The ride back to Detroit was more pleasant then she could of hoped. The kids were getting along even better now, it was as if they were sisters now. "You handled that well." Marshall commented on the flight back, his arm entwined with Ambers.

Amber sighed and looked out of the window and into the cloudless sky, "They had to find out sooner or later.." He agreed with her, Amber was right after all. Amber could only hope, the kids didn't tell anyone else about the baby.

Once they arrived back at Ambers, her and Rose practically collapsed. They were so tired, they didn't even make it to the bedroom before they fell asleep. It probably wasn't the best thing, for a pregnant woman to sleep on the couch, but at this point she wasn't even aware where she was.

The loud buzz of her phone, woke her up. It was Marshall. It wasn't unusual for Marshall to call her in the morning, what was unusual was that she wasn't awake. Amber rubbed her head, had she slept on the couch?

Rose was also asleep on the floor, it was cute. Amber grabbed a duvet and placed it over her, she didn't have the heart to wake her up. "Sorry Marshall, I was asleep." She yawned, as she answered the phone.

"Oh shit- did I wake you?" He said worriedly over the phone. She giggled to herself, "Of course not, I needed to get up anyway!"

"We have the baby viewing in an hour, I thought I'd just remind you in case you had forgotten." He smiled, she could hear Hailie talking in the background. Oh fuck.. how could she forget it? She had it on her calendar for today too.

"No I didn't forget! Of course I didn't!" She lied, rushing upstairs, to get changed. "Come pick me up in forty five minutes.. I'll be ready then!" He laughed, he could probably tell that she was lying. "Alright, forty five minutes it is."

She spent these forty five minutes getting changed, and calling for a babysitter. She felt like such a, bad person always asking Delphine to babysit. So today, she decided to ask someone else, not someone random, yet another worker from Marshall's house.

Of course they agreed, and she was then ready to go. All she had to do now, was grab something to eat. But before she could put the cereal to her mouth, Marshall's horn beeped loudly in her ear.

She quickly gulped a few spoonfuls, and left the house, Rose now watching TV with the babysitter. Marshall had his hair gelled, it was a strange look for him. But he did look smart, with his leather jacket. Anyone would think they were going to a party of some kind.

"Hello gorgeous." He said, kissing Ambers lips quickly. They didn't have too long before the appointment, they could save the kissing until later. They chatted in the car, and while they were waiting for Amber to be called. Yet, as soon as they heard her name they leaped up.

The woman, looked around the stomach and smiled. "I'll do the same procedure as before, now we should be able to see the little one." She said, rubbing the gel onto her stomach again.

The woman stopped for a minute to look at the screen. She laughed, as she looked at it. "What's so funny, is the baby okay?" Marshall asked suddenly, he was really anxious right now, Amber could tell.

"No, no nothing is wrong, the twins are doing perfect." TWINS?! Amber sprang up and looked at the screen. And there it was, two little babies. Marshall was also surprised, and he'd began to sweat. "Twin?!" She exclaimed to the woman, "We weren't told about this last time!"

"Ah well, it can happen where the machine can detect two babies heart beats as one, it's rare but it can happen." She sighed, watching the two parents look at the screen. Amber wasn't happy that she was having twins, it's not like she didn't want them, it was just the surprise of it all.

She liked to prepare everything, but she had no idea she had two babies inside of her. "Twins are quite rare you know." The woman said, looking at Marshall's face.

"If anything it is a blessing for you two." She grinned, cleaning Ambers stomach. Marshall sighed, how could he be a good parent for one child, never mind two.