-XXV-

Check my new Eminem vampire fanfiction out if you haven't already!!)) -Having to look after three children appeared to be a challenge, but four? Now that seemed impossible

-
Having to look after three children appeared to be a challenge, but four? Now that seemed impossible. With Marshall having to travel a lot with his job, the children weren't going to be able to spend quality time with their father.

And now, any hopes of Ambers music career had gone down the drain, but that didn't mean she was going to give up, she was still going to get Dre to listen to her. If she got a job in the industry, she'd be able to earn more money for them, not like Marshall didn't have enough money for a lifetime already..

Talking of Dr Dre, he'd offered to hear her in a few days, so Marshall had been heavily practising with her. He insisted, that she was going to impress him, but she really couldn't see it. He had recorded her rapping and singing numerous times, and had showed them to Amber. In all honesty, Amber didn't hate them, she sounded much better then she had before practice, but even so she didn't know if she was good enough really.

She was nervous about meeting Dre, he was very famous but then again so was Marshall. Amber remembered listening to him in his NWA days, he was probably her favourite member and now she was going to be meeting him for real. "You nervous?" Marshall asked Amber as they drove to the studio. Dre, was in town so he had agreed to meet them at Marshall's studio. Amber nodded at his question, she was extremely nervous to meet him. She was biting her lip again, its like she had developed this habit now.

Marshall sighed, putting his palm onto her thigh, as he drove. "I was nervous when I first met him too." He admitted, smiling reassuringly. That was something at least, someone as good as Marshall was nervous, so maybe it wasn't so strange she was too. Her anxiety really kicked in once they pulled up outside the studio, Dres expensive car was shining under the sunlight, looked like he'd already arrived. "Hey.. don't stress, Dre is a nice guy." Marshall said as they got out of the car, and entered the building. They walked to the main studio, where Dre was patiently waiting for them.

Dre looked nice, even though he was dressed so simply. He was wearing a baggy white tee, and jeans. Upon noticing the  two of them enter, Dre warmly smiled. Dre pulled Marshall into some sort of brotherly handshake, it was cute. Marshall hadn't seen Dre for a couple months, so Dre didn't know Marshall was moving near him. "You must be slims girl, nice to meet you, I've heard a lot about you." Dre said, winking Marshalls way. Marshall chuckled lowly to himself at Dres words. What was Amber missing out on?

"Just go into the studio, put the earphones on, and freestyle into the mic like we practiced." Marshall said giving her a reassuring squeeze on her shoulder. She nodded, walking into the quiet room. She put the earphones on her head, and looked through the glass at Marshall and Dre. Dre gave her a thumbs up, and she opened her mouth.

She began free styling about what came to mind, it felt like every verse that she spat, was linked to Marshall in some way. Like how she said, "so yeah.. there's this guy I love, its like he was a gift sent from above". She didn't know if what she was saying made sense, or even sounded good, but she could see Marshalls beaming face in the corner of her eye. That was enough for her to continue.

After around two minutes, she stopped rapping and began to sing. Hopefully, Dre would like her even more if she could decently sing. She sang a few high notes and low, then she took the headphones off and walked into the other room. As soon as she entered, Dre and Marshall both applauded her with claps and smiles. "Holy shit girl you got talent!" Dre exclaimed, pulling her into a hug. She awkwardly hugged him back, blushing at his sudden out burst of affection.

"I think you should enter the rap olympics this year, I can see how you do, and I might sign you."  Dre said, causing her to smile, the rap olympics wasn't that how Marshall got noticed for interscope, she eagerly nodded to Dre she wasnt going to miss an opportunity like this one. She didn't know when the rap olympics were, hopefully not within the next six months. "The rap olympics are in ten months, do you think you can make it then?" Amber looked at Dre and smiled, "I couldn't miss it for the world" she exclaimed, Marshall smiled putting her arm around her shoulder.

"I'm pretty busy... Marshall give her my number, and I will let her know the exact dates and time of the olympics." Dre said, grabbing his jacket and bidding farewell to the two of them. Marshall picked her up bridal style and spun her around. "I told you he'd like you!" He exclaimed, putting her down onto the ground. Amber giggled, Dre certainly didn't hate her, so maybe she did stand a chance. "But baby, the rap olympics won't be easy, not even I came first place.." Marshall looked away for a second, remembering the day.

"So that is why I am going to help you practice, and so will D-12, you're going to win this, mark my words." He laughed, pulling her into a soft kiss. "The kids are going to have a momma they can be proud of!" Marshall said, breaking the kiss slowly. She sighed, she was going to make these kids proud.

She smiled as they drove back to Ambers, she'd impressed Dre, and she was going to be entering the rap olympics, it felt like everything was going right for her. Rose, was playing with the babysitter still, and Amber gratefully thanked them, giving them a hefty pay.

Marshall's phone suddenly started beeping, who was this calling him now? "I'll be right back Amber." He said stepping outside to take the call. The other side of the line was quite muffled but Marshall could clearly hear the person speaking.

It sounded like an old man, and a happy one at that. "Is this Marshall Mathers?" The man said, to him. Confused by who speaking, Marshall hesitated in replying. "Yes it is, can I ask who's speaking please?"

"Ah sorry to scare you, this is Jerry, the house owner in California, I'd like to tell you the house is all yours, transfer me the mortgage and insurance in full and you can move in whenever." Marshall smiled and thanked the man, Amber was going to be so excited to hear this.

He ran back into the house, and grabbed Amber and Rose. "We have got the house!" He shouted, and Amber squealed and so did Rose. Amber sighed after a few minutes of jumping, she still hadn't told Rose she was having twins... maybe she should just keep it a secret until they are born.