-XXXVII-

He stood outside the door all day, banging on it, begging for Amber to let him in

He stood outside the door all day, banging on it, begging for Amber to let him in. Thankfully the girls were at school, so they didn't have to see him in this state. Giving in, was probably the easiest thing to do, but he cheated and lied to her for months. They were over.

"Amber open the fucking door!" He screamed, he'd sobered up now and was full of enrage. Who knew what he'd do if she opened the door to him. He'd probably shoot her, or strangle her. Either way, she wasn't going to come out of this alive.

"Why would you do that?" Amber asked him, opening the door slightly. Marshall was actually crying, real tears. "Just let me explain." He begged, but she just laughed. There was nothing to explain, she saw it all. She knew he had cheated, and broke their trust.

"Explain what Marshall? I saw everything." He wiped his red eyes, and sighed. "It's all a misunderstanding.." she groaned, looking away from him. "How is it a misunderstanding?"

What happened from Marshall's perspective.

You probably recognised the woman right? If you think back a few years ago, when we first met. That woman was that same crazy fan, that kissed me back at the studio. I thought giving her an autograph back then, would of made her back off. And it did, for a couple of years but she came back.

I first met the woman again, when I was out clubbing with D-12. We'd just finished the tour, and we wanted to celebrate. You were gone, in Texas with Rose. So I thought fuck it, have a one night stand with her. I wanted her off my back, and I didn't think you were coming back. I thought you were gone for good.

But she didn't leave me alone, the woman was everywhere I went. Every concert, every club. So, I gave in I let her hang around with us. But then she started acting weird, she was like Stan from the song. But in real life.

I didn't know how to respond, she started to get really threatening. And by that I mean, she begged to come over, otherwise she'd cut herself. I didn't want that to happen, I didn't want this girls blood on my hands. So I did, I let her over.

Amber sighed, looking at me in anger. "That's tough.. but that doesn't explain the drugs."

The drugs. That wasn't anyone else's fault, that was my own fault. I didn't take the precautions and didn't take responsibility for my actions. In all honesty I am more hooked then I thought I was. So, I think I need help rehab maybe?

I didn't mean for everything to happen like this, I love you. Don't leave me over this, it was a mistake Amber. This was the moment that she could leave me, or stay.

"Marshall, I can't be with you. Not right now. It's not that I don't love you. But I think it's best if we have a break.. go to rehab and sort yourself out.." Amber said, opening the door now.

He didn't try to fight her into the house, he just looked at her from the doorway. He wasn't crying, and he wasn't full of rage. He nodded in agreement, "I think I should take a break from rap to sort out my addictions." Slowly Amber nodded, pulling him into a hug. She probably would never forget what he had done, but that didn't mean she couldn't forgive him.

Almost 2 Years Later

Rehabilitation. The idea of the place wasn't appealing at first. Marshall tried to tell Amber he was fine, that he was joking about needing to go there. But Amber was done believing him, he was a bad liar he knew this addiction wasn't going to stop without help.

While he had been gone, Amber had looked after the children by herself. It was quite difficult, Alex and Hunter, were talking and walking now. It wouldn't be too long until they started
nursery. They were getting so big, Marshall had seen them a few times over the year, but not enough.

Now that Marshall was over his drug addiction, Amber and him had tried to rekindle their relationship. It wasn't as strong as it was before, but how could it be? They still loved each other, but the woman he cheated on her with was always in the back of her mind.

She was beautiful, she made Amber look like a monster. In a way, it made sense why he was cheating on her with this woman. Alright, this woman's personality was disgusting, but she was still probably better at flirting, kissing and sex then she was. But thankfully, Marshall had filed a restraining order against the woman, that was relieving.

He was actually coming back home today, and there was a looming tension in the house. The kids were excited, but were also nervous. Since he'd been in rehab, they had both just started middle school. Some kids in their middle school had been bullying them, bullying them because their father was a drug addict.

Amber had considered moving them, but she knew that if the kids moved now the bullies would win. And besides, they didn't want to move. Even if there were bullies, the girls still had friends there. Amber had repeatedly told the headteacher, but they were an arrogant old woman.

She was probably like this due to her father being Eminem. The rapper, who raps vulgar words on every line. That's probably what the headteacher thought.

The door opened slowly, and Amber heard the girls screaming in excitement. The toddlers followed them into the hallway, Marshall was back. He looked well his skin had colour, and he looked generally happy for once. It was a good look on him.

He pulled Amber into an awkward hug, it'd been a while since they'd gotten this close. It felt good, it really did, but there was still a tension. The girls didn't know exactly why he was gone so long, they'd made the excuse that he'd gone on tour, but they'd find out soon enough.

"I really missed you." He sighed into her ear. Amber nodded back at him smiling in response, she'd missed him too.

(Why is this story taking so many interesting turns? I feel like there really is too much drama..)