-IX-

The two of them, sat on the edge of Amber's bed

The two of them, sat on the edge of Amber's bed. They decided they'd watch the morning news together to soften the blow. "Marshall Mathers Mystery girlfriend" was the first headline, on the news. It was then followed by "Marshall Mathers attends Interview high and wasted."

It still hadn't been long enough, that they could laugh and joke about last night. It was a complete and utter disaster, definitely the worst possible kind of disaster. The type of disaster that could jeopardise his career, well it wouldn't have that big of an impact, but it'd still be a negative impact. There was nothing positive that could come from last night, that was the cold harsh truth.

"What the fucks that noise?" It was a raging noise, screaming. The screaming wasn't that loud, it didn't sound close by, but it sounded close enough. Amber leaned her head out of the window, it was a mob of maybe fifty to a hundred fans all swarming around his gate, ravenously. There were so many, that they may of been able to break down the gate if they all tried.

"I'm guessing we are staying indoors today? There's no way we can leave with all them- they'll probably break the gate down soon enough." She feared, turning away from the window in case any of the fans saw her.

He nodded, scrolling through his phone. "Check this out." He handed Amber his new cell, and she read the article.

Marshall Mathers back on drugs, and with a new girl? Everything you need to know about last night's interview

She handed him back the phone, as soon as she saw the articles title. Her phone was also beeping quite a lot, her friends had been messaging her constantly since last night.
"We don't have to stay in all day, there is a back exit, that nobody is surrounding." He said, as he took a look outside the window for himself.

Amber nodded, she did like having a day where she could chill out, but she wanted to go somewhere or do something today, to get her mind off it. "I'm just gonna grab a shower and we can get moving." She walked into the bathroom, locking the door behind her.

Marshall didn't leave the room immediately, something caught his eye first. It was a dark blue hard book, it looked like a diary or a notepad of some kind. Should he open it? He didn't know if he should or not, it was probably nothing too personal.

Inside, was not what he had expected. He had expected a diary of some kind, or maybe some dumb lists that had no meaning to him. But it was song lyrics, lyrics she'd made. Did she rap or sing?

The lyrics were surprisingly good, considering she didn't have any real experience. Well, not any of what he knew of. She soon came out of the shower, not expecting him to still be in the room. Her hair was wet, and was dripping with water, all she was wearing was a thin white towel.

"What the fuck are you still doing here? I knew you were a pervert Marshall, but this is a bit extreme!" She shouted, putting her arms upon her chest in case he could see anything. "I didn't know you wrote music." He said, changing the subject and looking at the book in slight surprise.

"Why were you rooting through my stuff?" She accused him, snatching the book from his grasps. "It was just there- and I got curious." He admitted, walking towards the door.

Amber didn't have the energy to get mad at him again, not after last night. "Just- just don't look without my permission." He nodded, he was relieved she didn't get too mad.

"Can I hear your song?" He asked, he was hopeful. She wasn't likely to be that great, but she couldn't be that bad. "What so big rapper "Eminem" can criticise it?" She remarked, putting the book away.

He laughed, "I promise I won't," she looked at him doubtfully. "I promise, across my heart, hope to die." He giggled, doing the actions to the saying. She sighed, maybe she should just show him, it wasn't like she had nothing left to lose at this point.

She cleared her throat, it was peculiar how she was doing this in only a towel. It wouldn't be surprising if Marshall removed her towel mid-song. The first part of the song was singing, the song was mainly a rap song but there was still parts of singing.

The song started off slow, she unexpectedly hit every note perfectly. Even though she wasn't wearing anything but a towel, and her wet hair was running down her back, she still looked beautiful.

Once the rapping began, he was blown away- almost. Her words were clear as day, no signs of mumbling. She had a firm bold voice, which still sounded quite feminine, this left a balanced duality.

He applauded her, and it was a genuine applause. He actually grinned, and clapped his hands. Her cheeks began to blotch into a redness, was she embarrassed? "Damn girl, I didn't know you could do that!" He exclaimed, patting her on the back, wary that the towel may slip, but she had a firm grasp onto it.

"It's shit I know, you don't have to act nice. Now I'm going to get changed.. I'll meet you downstairs." She said, ushering him out of the door, before he could protest. She rummaged through the drawers, then had a glance out of the window.

The hungry fans were still there, and raging. It looked like they were raging even more now, and was there more of them? Ignoring them, she quickly pulled on a black shirt and some jeans, and made her way downstairs.

She was immediately refreshed by the sweet scent of pancakes and fruit. It has been a long while since she'd given into her guilty pleasures and had one or two. "I hope you like pancakes, have you seen the crowds outside?" Delphine added, as she served the pancakes to her and Marshall.

"How could we miss them, they're going insane!" He said, pouring syrup onto his meal. Amber couldn't help but nod in agreement, they were definitely going insane.

"I'm going to go out, and buy some groceries for dinner," Delphine began, grabbing her coat and shoes. Hopefully, she was smart enough to head out of the back entrance so she wouldn't be seen. Thankfully, she was.

"So Amber... shall we record a song together?" Marshall asked, smiling at her with an unreadable expression.