-XV-

Marshall's POV

Marshall's POV

It was if all my views of reason had gone, disappeared. I told myself multiple times that I'd just ignore these feelings. Yet here I was, pushing this girl against me. I thought it was pretty fucked up, her mom being ill and all. But here we were, in the spite of the moment making out without a care.

But if this was the only way I could get her to stay with me, then I've got to. It wasn't exactly in my best interests to rush our relationship, well I guess it isn't like we've never kissed before- But that was different.. we were high, but here we are, perfectly sober.

Ambers POV

Marshall put his hands up around my waist, lifting me up. Instinctively, I put my legs around him. What had gotten into me? Was this what that strange feeling in my stomach was? Love? No, he can't love me, it isn't possible. I don't want it to be possible.

His lips tasted like strawberries, weird right? You'd probably think a rappers lips wouldn't be this soft, or taste this sweet. But they really were, he reached his hand under my T-shirt, but I quickly pulled it out. I wasn't ready to go that far, especially now.

Thankfully, he respected this and pulled away from the kiss. "So are you gonna stay?" He asked me, but I couldn't answer him immediately.

"Look- I love you.. but- even though I didn't have the best mother in the world. I don't want to leave her to die alone... and besides- she has a kid, I don't want them to end up in an adoption centre." She mumbled, wrapping her arms around him.

He looked at me, his eyes were dark. "I understand.." but I could tell he was lying. He was going to hate me for leaving, but I need to make amends with my mother sometime.

~...~

"I'm going to catch the next flight," Amber told him, he was in a slightly better mood now, but that could all change in a blink of an eye. She didn't pack everything, she had told Marshall she was going to return soon, and she was planning on it.

It's not like she was stripped on cash anymore anyway, she had an additional $30,000 in her bank account now, plenty of money for a while at least.

Marshall's mood sure enough, went down once she had left for her flight. Delphine tried to help him as much as she could, but he felt detached from himself, now that he was all alone.

Amber, on the other hand, was on a first class flight, headed directly for Texas. The plane was quite luxurious, even she could admit. Yet she wasn't having a good time, even though she should of been. She couldn't help thinking about Marshall, she had left him feeling so evidently sad.

She decided to message him, but he wasn't replying. She called him before she got on the flight, he did sound reasonably happy, but she could tell he wasn't. She had decided she wouldn't stay out here for too long. She couldn't stand not seeing him, that'd be her biggest downfall.