-III-

"Can I offer you a drink?" He smiled, showing off his whitened teeth under the light

"Can I offer you a drink?" He smiled, showing off his whitened teeth under the light. Amber pondered on the a moment, Should I just take the drink from him? It made sense that she should, she just wanted to try get this night over with as quickly as possible.

She glanced, down at the circular table. It was a wooden table, presumably made of oak from the colour and texture. It had two black placemats at each end. Cutlery was also, lined up beside them, wrapped in a scarlet paper.

Marshall already had the bottle of wine in his hand, as he asked the question. "Sure, but instead of pouring me drinks, can we please talk business here." She replied in a pretty much emotionless way.

Marshall glanced at her in an inquisitive manner, trying to work this girl out. Normally, the girls he had met up with would immediately ask for his autograph no questions asked, or and maybe a few selfies. But this girl was different.

He looked into her eyes for a moment, they were pools of darkness at his demise. Her skin was pale, and was shining brightly under the light. This girl may be the most beautiful girl he's ever met.

"Aight, so.. I got a schedule of things, it  explains paychecks and shit like that." He said in an uncaring manner, passing the laminated paper over to her. She nodded, and said a quick thank you.

"Have you got any questions?" Marshall asked her, throwing her off guard. He glanced down at her outfit, unintentionally she really had put a lot of effort into her outfit just to meet me.

"Actually, I have one question." She said strongly to him, making him feel curious to what she was going to say. "What is it?"

"Why did you hire me?" She asked him, looking at him rather suspiciously now. What could he say? It was true he hired her because he thought she'd be fun and easy but he wasn't going to say that, especially to a girl who's so difficult to read.

Marshall put his hand up to his forehead and sighed, "It was either you, or a punch of fat men who wouldn't listen." He lied, taking a sip of his wine, draining the cup of its contents.

"How do you know that I'll listen?" She smiled, looking down at the floor as she said that. He smirked, was she finally being a bit flirty, or was she drunk already?

"I don't, but I'm taking my chances here." He replied confidently, pouring the two of them a second glass. She took a small sip, of the drink again and looked up. She had splashed the
wine up onto her left cheek, leaving it a translucent red colour

He giggled instinctively, "What's so funny?" She exclaimed, looking at him sternly. "You've gotta a little- something.." Marshall leaned forward in his chair, and wiped the wine off with the nearest napkin.

She grumbled, "You didn't have to do that, you could of just told me where it was." She huffed, seemingly annoyed at my abrupt action. This only made him giggle more, "Why are you so uptight Amber." It sounds nice, when he says my name, but she wasn't going to give into his charms.

"I don't mix, work and my love life." She simply stated, "I don't want to be played by a world famous rapper." It was as if she could read his intentions like a book. He sighed, "Do you want any food ordering?"

If that was his whimsical of hope for her to stay, he was so very wrong. "No thank you, I'll see you in three days for our first shift. Good bye." And with that she stood up and walked out of the restaurant. Officially one of the worst nights of my life.

As soon as she arrived home, she ripped all the makeup off, and the dress, the shoes and the tights. Everything gone, sprawled all over the floor.

She sat back in her bed, stressed and annoyed at tonight's events. How could Marshall play her like that? She just wanted a job, nothing more nothing less.

She analysed the schedule he'd given her again.

Amber Lakeside's Schedule

You will be given, one of Marshall Mathers guest rooms in his house, to stay in as requested by Marshall himself. (Address below)
You will also, be given your pay check, at the end of every week. You will earn approximately, $1500 a week. Which is around $78,000 a year.

You will work 6 days a week, but on Sunday's you will not be required to work. Unless, Marshall has a concert or something important to attend to.

Any rules, that Marshall has for you will be talked about upon arrival.

She laughed at this, this was stupid really. She didn't need a room in his "mansion". She knew exactly where he lived, and it was only a short bus drive away, so what was the big deal? Although, living rent free didn't seem like that bad of a deal, she'd just have to avoid him when at his house. Doesn't sound too difficult, the house is probably humongous.

As she was moving in next week, she took this opportunity to start packing her suitcases. It was evident that she couldn't bring everything like her couch for example. But she had decided to bring the necessities like clothes, and toiletries.

After a few hours, she had secured two suitcases and a hamper. This should be enough until she could go and get clothes on her day off.

She stood in her pretty much empty bedroom, the only things that remained were two drawers and a bed, the rest had been packed away. As she talked out loud into the room, her voice echoed at the emptiness surrounding her.

Maybe it wasn't a good idea her taking this job. Who knew what his intentions were. It's not like it'd be a difficult task fighting him off if the chance arose. But it's obvious she'd want to try and avoid a situation like that at all costs.

Sighing, she glanced out of the window. She knew she was taking a risk, but you had no idea how many risks she'd take in order to get what she wants.

❤️❤️