-XIV-

A couple of days later, Marshall was walking again

A couple of days later, Marshall was walking again. He was still having difficulty doing so, but he was up on his feet. That was something at least. He was permitted to come home today, but he has to use supplied crutches.

He wasn't keen on the idea, a rapper barely able to stand on two feet without support, wasn't exactly appealing. But he shouldn't of jumped in front of that bullet for her, she never asked for him to risk her life for him. That was her job.

Ever since he'd gained consciousness, Marshall had been acting more flirty then usual. The doctor said it was probably because of all the meds he was on, but Amber could only take so much of Marshall in one day.

He became clingy, and acted really childish. The polar opposite of the Marshall she knew, but thankfully the affects were wearing off now. But for some reason, whenever she had seen Marshall she'd have a strange feeling inside her stomach, what was this?

Thankfully, Marshall had finally gotten out of his groggy state. All the drugs and meds had sent him to the brink of no return, well almost. It's not like he'd never been there, there were times where he'd get so high he wouldn't even remember his own name.

He did mean everything he said before. Like how he'd take another bullet for her. And yes, he had come to conclusion that he was falling for this girl. He didn't know what to do in this situation, they hadn't known each other for long so maybe these feelings were just a simple crush. It wouldn't hurt him too much, he's just got to ignore it.

Marshall walked back into his house, but of course using crutches. The doctor had told them that the bullet had hit him on his chest, and he'd injured his legs after falling back from the shot.

Once they had arrived they saw, Delphine standing at the stove, her face astonished once she had seen Marshall in this state. She rushed over to him and analysed his body in a worried manner. She must of known why this had happened, there were many stories up on the news about it by now.

"Sit him down Amber... I'll make him a cup of black coffee!" She exclaimed, heading back to the kitchen. Amber managed to heave Marshall's body onto the couch. He didn't say much, he just sat there wandering in his own thoughts.

Amber smiled, grabbing his hand and putting it in hers. "You're gonna be okay, just never do it again." He nodded, but he knew he would do it again. She sighed, as Delphine brought his coffee over, which he gratefully drank.

Amber scrolled through her phone, until she found a news story linked to what had happened. It was clear that, what was written here never happened at all. He was apparently drunk, and tried to provoke a guy with a gun. That never happened, where did the tabloids get this shit from?

Delphine smiled, "I've been up for a couple days now worried, I'm going to rest." We both nodded, and watched her walk up the stairs slowly. Marshall glanced over at me, and ran his fingers through my hair. "What is it Marshall?" She bluntly asked him, so he would hopefully stop.

"Can you grab me some aspirin, from on the counter?" She nodded, and found the small box of aspirin tablets. She only handed him one though, he was already on enough drugs.

3 weeks Later

Since back then, a lot of things have happened. Marshall can walk perfectly fine now, and his chest wound has scabbed over. But the only thing wrong is, his feelings for Amber have gotten even stronger.

They were both sitting watching TV on the couch, yet he still couldn't keep his eyes off of her. She was wearing denim shorts, and a plaid shirt. Although, it sounded like a strange combination that didn't work. It worked very well on her.

He had decided he'd finally get the confidence to ask her out. It was a long shot he knew, but they've been hanging out non stop now, for almost three months. How time flies..

Although, he didn't exactly know how to go about it. How could he really make this a special way to confess? He had spent many hours over the past few weeks, Googling and browsing wiki how for ways that he could do it.
Most ideas he found, were all very boring. By the girl flowers, ask her on a date.. so on and so on. But- Marshall didn't want to be so 'cliché'. He wanted to do something that'd impress her.

Marshall decided on asking her to take a walk with him around his garden. He didn't have a small garden, that was for sure. They could walk around there, swim in the lake he had around the side. Everything would be great.

Amber was confused why they were walking around his large garden, he'd never asked her to do something like this before. But even she'll admit, it was beautiful. There were flowers of all shades, freshly cut grass. It was clear that this garden was strictly maintained to a high standard.

They reached the lake, she wasn't even fully aware of the size of this lake. It was huge. Curiosity overwhelmed her, what lay in the bottom of this water? "Wanna go for a swim?" He giggled, taking off his shirt.

Amber laughed, and decided to do the same. Thankfully, she was wearing a T-shirt beneath, but she just kept her shorts on. But even so, she wasn't going to let this stop her from having a good time.

So as if on Instinct, she did a back flip into the pool. Marshall gasped and clapped his hands, "How the fuck do you do that girl?!" He asked, simply jumping in.

"Many years of gymnastics training." She shuddered, the water was colder then what she had anticipated. She just needs to get used to it's temperature- then she'll be fine.

"Hey, Amber I have something I want to tell you?" She swam closer to him in curiosity, "What is it?"

He took a deep breath, "well the thing is, I think-" Just before he could finish, Ambers basic ringtone rang out from her phone she'd left on the deck. "One moment, I gotta answer this." She said, looking sternly at her phone and walking away.

He had one shot then, one perfectly good shot and it'd all been messed up. After a few minutes, she walked back her face not as happy as before.

"Marshall.. my mother has gotten really ill, I might need to move back to hers?" She exclaimed, looking at his saddened face. "Move back where?" He said, coming out of the water.

"My mom has been living in Texas, so I'm going to have to move there." He looked at her, almost screaming. Marshall knew it was only a two hour flight, but it was still over 1300 miles away.

"I'm sorry, I better go pack my shit."

"You're just gonna leave?" He shouted, walking over to her. "YOU ARE JUST GOING TO LEAVE ME?" He screamed, tears rolling from Ambers eyes now.

He grabbed her wrist and looked her in the eyes, "I fucking love you bitch. And I need you here by my side, don't fucking leave me!"

Now tears were rolling down his cheeks. "What the fuck are you saying Marshall? You don't love me." She said, pulling her wrist from his grips. He looked at her, his eyes shining now. "I fucking do. I wanna be with you bitch- but you're making it so fucking difficult!"

She noticed he was swearing more than usual. Instead of shouting back at him, she grabbed his neck and pulled him in towards her lips.

Her mother could wait, she had never cared for Amber anyway.