-XXI-

(We are getting close to 200 votes. Tysm guys!!)

Amber held Marshall's hand tightly, as they drove to the hospital

Amber held Marshall's hand tightly, as they drove to the hospital. She was nervous, and she good tell he was too. He was sitting upright, and was on alarm. Yet, she felt like she was being protected, him sitting next to her.

They pulled up in front of the hospital, the carpark wasn't too busy on a Monday morning, so they were able to get a space close to the entrance. It was cold outside, there was snow on the forecast this weekend. As soon as they entered the hospital, they were greeted by the overpowering scent of hand sanitizer, it seemed that they'd starting using it even more for some reason.

Amber took a seat on the waiting chairs, while Marshall went to sign them in. Soon enough, he came back with a piece of paper and a pen. It wasn't anything major, just a few questions she had to answer before they went in. She began to answer them slowly, and is if on cue her name was called.

She stood up after hearing her name ring through the waiting room. Marshall held her hand, and they walked into the room. The room was rather pleasant, there was a blue chair, similar to the one at a dentist, and a couple of waiting chairs.

There was also some cupboards and some machines. They beckoned her towards the dentist like chair. Awkwardly, Marshall took a seat on the waiting chair, while Amber lied back in the chair.

The woman smiled at Marshall and Amber, "Is this your first baby?" She asked them, preparing her stomach with a sort of gel. "Yes." Marshall quickly answered, standing up to hold Ambers hand.

"The baby is still too small to see anything really, but I can hear a steady heartbeat." The doctor smiled, causing Amber and Marshall to smile happily. "Come back for another check up in six weeks, and hopefully by then we will be able to see the little baby." She laughed, wiping Ambers stomach.

Amber stood up, thanking the woman gratefully. She was happy to know that the baby was healthy, that was the main thing. They strode out of the hospital, it was like they were on a high horse now, knowing that they were going to be having this adorable little baby.

As they got into the car, they both sighed in relief and grinned at each other. "I was thinking it'd be best, if I bought a bigger house, and you and Rose could move in." He began, seeing her face change quickly.

"Are you sure you want to move in, won't we be going a little fast? Marshall snickered at this, "And you getting pregnant wasn't fast?" She gave in, he did have a valid point. "Fine then, I'll move in with you." She was doing this for the kid after all, she didn't want them to grow up with separate parents.

"I was thinking me, you and the kids could have a movie night at my place, later." Amber told him, as they drove back home. He nodded, it was definitely a good way for the kids to bond, even though they were already great friends at school.

"Alright sounds good, I'll order pizza and you can come round at like 6?" Amber said, pulling up at her house now, he smiled at her and jumped out, walking back to his.

She walked into the house, to see Delphine reading Rose a book, Amber smiled at this. "I see you two have had fun while I was out." She giggled, thanking Delphine for watching her. And with that, Delphine left, leaving Amber and Rose alone.

"Marshall and Hailie are coming over for dinner and a movie tonight." Amber began, she began to laugh as she saw Rose leap up in excitement. "Calm down, they won't be here for another few hours, so why don't we go kill some time, by buying some snacks at the convenience store?" Rose nodded, rushing to the hallway to grab her sneakers.

The local convenience store wasn't far away at all. It was in walking distance really, but Amber was way to lazy to walk there, so she took the car. They rummaged and looked through the shelves looking for some snacks. They ended up going to the counter, with two bottles of soda, five packs of assorted candies, a tube of pringles and some nachos. The shopkeeper gave them questionable glances, as they scanned their unhealthy shop. But Amber didn't mind, it was alright to have one evening off of being healthy.

They jumped into the car and drove back home, sorting all the food out once they'd arrived. It wasn't long till they would arrive, so Amber told Rose to go put some comfy clothes on. And is if it was magic, the doorbell rang, echoing across the room.

Eagerly, Rose rushed to answer it, clearly excited to see Hailie. As soon as the kids saw each other, they smiled and hugged. It was really heartwarming for both Marshall and Amber to see. The kids rushed into the living room, and Marshall planted a small kiss on her forehead making her blush.

"So, kids.. I've got a lot of snacks, and I ordered some pizza so take whatever you want." Amber exclaimed, watching the two kids rush hungrily to the table. Marshall chuckled at this, it was nice to see Hailie so happy.

After a heated discussion, they eventually decided on watching elf. It was nearing Christmas now, so they wanted to watch a movie that was seasonally appropriate.

As the kids cheerfully stuffed their faces with popcorn, Marshall secretly entwined his fingers with Ambers in the darkness of the room. He edged his fingers onto her stomach, holding it like it was a precious gem. Amber sighed, leaning her head onto his shoulders.

The credits soon enough came on, and the kids began yawning. "Stay here for tonight, I don't mind." Amber insisted, to which Marshall quickly agreed on, it was as if he was hoping she'd ask that.

"Hailie, we are gonna stay here tonight.. so me and Amber will go sort where you're going to sleep out. Wait here baby." He said to Hailie, to which she nodded, her and Rose starting to do hand claps, and other games.

Marshall followed Amber up the stairs to Roses room, where she reached up to the top shelf of her wardrobe. Marshall quickly rushed into help, grabbing the blow up mattress down. "If you're having any trouble don't hurt yourself, just ask me." He smiled, pulling her into a hug. She laughed at this, grabbing a pump too.

Marshall began blowing it up, his face had turned an unusual shade of pink afterwards, but he seems somewhat happy at the task he'd completed. "Here's a blanket and pillow for her." Amber smiled, passing him a pink duvet and matching pillow set.

He placed them onto the blow up mattress and smiled. He then wrapped his arm around her waist, "Soon enough the kids will have their own rooms in one house." She giggled to that, grabbing Roses pyjamas for the night.

(Well, I thought why not post another chapter- thank you for all yall who have voted and made this fanfiction possible. ❤️)