-XVI-

It's funny how time flies, Amber had been living in Texas with Rose for two years now

It's funny how time flies, Amber had been living in Texas with Rose for two years now. Probably the best two years of her entire life. Being able to watch this girl grow, she loved the role of being her mother, it was so very rewarding.

Rose was in third grade now, and was top of her class. Amber was often praised by teachers and other parents, they were all so curious of how she could raise a child to be that perfect. She'd told them multiple times, it wasn't her parenting skills, it was just Rose herself.

And in addition, Amber hadn't seen Marshall at all over these two years. They started off video calling every night, but as his music demands got more frequent, they only managed to call once a week. And within a year this led to a text or two once a month. But now it was nothing, she hadn't had a single text from Marshall in almost six months. Where was he?

The closest she had seen to his face, was when she saw him on magazine covers. But that was fine, he'd been busy and so had she. Yet there was one think that was itching at her mind. Why two months ago, did Kim and Marshall remarried.

Amber did shed a few tears upon hearing this, but at least he was happy now. The cold hard truth had surfaced, he never really loved Amber. That did sting, but she had more important things in her life now like Rose, and her job.

Speaking of her job, Amber was making her way to the top. Most people knew who she was, 'Eminem's Ex Girlfriend'. But she knew that was all lies, but if that could help her reach the top then why not use it to her advantage? She had gotten employed at a business completely different to what she did before. She had gotten a job at a finance business.

She did have to do a solid year of studying, but she had already acquired most of the requirements back in college. Turns out, she ended up being one of the best workers, and within six months she was promoted to head of management where she still stands today.

But it felt like she was always on the news, her or Rose. "Eminem's Ex girlfriend made it up to the top". ''Amber Lakeside adopts, Is the kid also Marshall's?''All these tabloids were making her cringe, she never even dated him, they just kissed a few times..

She sighed and glanced over at Rose, she was sitting at the kitchen table drawing. Amber pulled out a chair in front of Rose. "Rose.. honey." Immediately, Rose looked up from her drawing and smiled. "What's up Amber?"

"I was thinking that we could move to where I was brought up.. down in Detroit." She bravely said to her, "They have offered me a job at a slightly smaller business there, but I'll be the CEO and I will get more money." She explained, Rose taking in every word.

Instead of shouting at Amber, or crying like she'd anticipated, she just smiled even wider at Amber, showing her pearly white teeth. "It sounds like fun!" It was spectacular, how Rose was always an optimist, it was a great quality Amber only wished she could have.

"I don't know when we are going to move, maybe in a month or so.." She told Rose, who had picked her pencil back up. She nodded, even though she probably wasn't listening at this point. Shrugging, Amber shuffled her way into the lounge and sat down.

Her thumbs hovered over the keyboard, all she had to do was message Marshall to tell him she was coming back. But would he even care now? He'd adopted two other kids along with Hailey and seemed happy with Kim. Maybe it was for the best she didn't tell him.

One month later

The house was now stripped of its contents, Rose didn't like to see her childhood home bare, Amber could tell. But on the other hand, maybe a fresh start was what they needed.

The flight back to Detroit was especially stressful, their flight ended up being delayed a few hours. And not to mention, Rose was quite scared of heights. Yet, Amber was able to get her onto the plane with a simple bribe of a candy bar.

She felt a wave of happiness once they had made it back to Detroit, she really had missed this place. With the amount of money Amber had been making, she was able to buy herself a house in Rochester Hills. She knew that Marshall would be living nearby, she didn't know if that was a good thing or not.

It was safe to say Rose fell in love with their house, it was double the size of their previous one. She rushed around the house, pretending to be an aeroplane. It was kind of cute actually. Amber looked out of the window, she could actually see Marshall's house in the distance, maybe she should just go and say hi.

Sighing, she decided to do so. She couldn't evade him forever, if the tabloids knew she lived here now, what's to say he doesn't? She brushed her dark hair, and added some black studs. She then simply put on a black blazer, trousers and a white shirt. These days, Amber dressed much more professionally.

Rose just wore some jeans and a pink T-shirt. With her hair, pulled back into a ponytail. "Where are we going?" Rose asked Amber, as she began locking the door behind them. Amber sighed, and began briefly explaining the past and Marshall to her, (leaving out anything that wasn't age appropriate).

Once she had seen Marshall's house, Amber began to look excited. The house was a way bit bigger then theirs, not much bigger but still bigger. Thankfully she was buzzed through the gate, and she knocked on his door.

She waited for his response, Amber holding Roses hand tightly. Then suddenly, she heard the unlocking sound, and somebody answered. It was Delphine.

"Delphine!" Amber cried happily, wrapping her arms around her. It appeared that Delphine was just as happy to see her and did the same. "Well who's this little one?" She said in a baby voice, looking down and smiling at Rose. Rose put on a fake smile, but she clearly wasn't really amused.

"This is my daughter, Rose." Amber said proudly, hugging Rose wholeheartedly. Delphine nodded, "You want to see Marshall right?" She asked Amber, to which she quickly nodded.

"Kim and Alaina have gone out shopping." She told us, nodding I smiled. "I'm sure Marshall will be Happy to see you Amber." Delphine told us before, opening the door wider.

Marshall looked a lot different to before, he was a bit more muscular and he had a tattoo or two or more. He looked up at me in shock, he didn't smile, just utter shock. I walked up to him, Rose trailing behind.

"I thought I was never going to see you again.." He eventually said, looking down at me and Rose. She nodded, and sat opposite him, beckoning Rose to the chair beside her.

"You've changed a lot." Amber told him, looking at him in amusement. He sighed and nodded, he then looked at Rose and smiled, "Hi Rose, I am Marshall."

She nodded and replied clearly, "Aren't you the guy who is on all the magazines." Amber nodded, "This is Eminem." She smiled, Amber knew that Rose had always wanted to meet a famous person. So her like towards Marshall increased.

Amber crossed her legs and glared at him, "I see you remarried Kim.. I thought we had something.." Marshall stopped her, looking at her in slight anger. "No, I loved you but you moved away.. I couldn't wait forever, and besides me and Kim are filing for a divorce."

"A divorce why, you haven't even been married for six months!" He sighed and nodded, "The little bitch cheated on me." Amber looked at him in anger, "Watch your language! She's only eight- but I'm sorry for that shit."

Marshall looked at the hypocrite and laughed "Heh... sorry. You're a great mom." Marshall smiled, "I missed you," Rose watched them two hug, but then she slyly smiled to herself, these two will become a thing, just wait.

(Rose you better be right girl-)